X2 Premium III March 2015 Firmware-Discussion
    Post Thanks / Like
    X2 Premium III March 2015 Firmware-Discussion

Discuss anything for this release here
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

2. Collapse Details
    new file for x2 3
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope did fix the blind scan because the signal and scan on the 55 and 58 west compare to x2 premium II are no good
    Last edited by cpr43; 03-05-2015 at 06:30 AM.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't scan 55 and 58 because my Dish have snow . Tomorrow I do one scan and I give the reports

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I flashed the new fw but I have yet to see any difference. Starting my scans all over as the info I saved will not flash back...no biggee.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    A huge amount of iptv channels have been added, mainly foreign. I also noticed more movies were added.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    They fixed the internet connection was dropping or not reconnecting after on/ off the box. They also added 3D movies. Looks like it was requested in the other side of the word.
    Last edited by cpr43; 03-06-2015 at 09:17 AM.
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I Loaded the March firmware last night . I didn't notice anything different. My internet is to slow for streaming so didn't check anything there. Was hoping the menu transparency control would be fixed along with a way to rename channels without all the guess work but didn't happen. The Premium lll tuner is also weaker than the Premium ll. I compared scans on a dual lnb same dish.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The internet connection does seem more stable. The films section has a new look.Besides that I have not spotted any change as yet. The blind scan still does not function except on a full scan which it does very well. A part scan hardly ever works.

I do like the feature to change satellites using the page up page down buttons. On a big dish precision is tricky so if you move to a satellite and the dish stops a wee bit short you can press the page up/down buttons to move to the next satellite and then back again to lock onto the signal. It saves having to go into the menu and choose the satellite you are at with the satellite selection menu and then go to the motor manual to move the dish. Incidentally the signal meter is a bit of a blunt instrument in fine tuning weak signals. I still use my Dr HD D15 to fine tune the dish to the optimum signal. Still, the X2 does find more channels in blind scan, especially when the feeds are grouped closely together and it is VERY fast.

I now find with the 2 receivers working in tandem I get a more satisfactory experience.

9. Collapse Details
    premium 3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Andyx thank you for that post .Because my language not english .I don't explain everything I have.My problem are the same ones did you have.If that box did have the tuner of the two.I have the perfect receiver for me.Because the 55.5 west 61.1 and 58 west like until five years ago no problems but now on the s2 8psk and the qpsk I missing same channels.And my dish are about over twenty years old and only 8 ft very good align. Only the Prem two.Do one good job .I have vantage vt1 cust $450 euros to canada vantage 1100hd $240 and very good before s2 bout now same as premium 3.Thank you about the post.And two years ago I exchange feeds before I have astrotel pm 93-c/ku and servo motor and on that feed no problems because I change servo motor do little touch and the vantages do very good on the 55.5 58 and 61.1 .Bat now I have bull eye 2 chaparral
    two lnbs norsat for c band two lnbs for ku band but on that feed no servo motor I tank the problem are missing the servo motor to adjust because the signal on same channels on the 55.5 west not that good. For the premium 2 no problem one good mercedes from 1972 not from today
    Last edited by tanka2; 03-24-2015 at 08:48 PM.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Same no difference .I scan 55.5 and 58 west and no improvement .The tuner on the premium 3 are weaker compare to the premium 2.I don't no if I have one good car I keep the car for longtime .So if the tuner of premium 2 are so good supposed keep the tuner on the premium3.The premium 2 on the 55.5 west scan 23 channels compare to premium3 16 to 17 on the 58 the two do almost the same job .Butt the 3880h 27690 fc 7/8 at 58 west strong signal on the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. Don't scan the freq the vantages 1100 the vantage vt1 the azbox premium plus and the premium 2 and 3 I don't no the signal on the receivers most of times are no good on all the receivers before very good on the 58 west I have that problem the rest good

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast