Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Tuner Configuration
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I've been having issues scanning with my vu+zero. For example, I was watching a channel on Anik F1R and I moved the dish to Amc 1 to scan this sat for the first time. I went to tuner configuration and set it up simple and advanced for Amc 1 on c band but when I go to automatic scan it displays that it's scanning Anik F1R. I have encountered this issue many times, there must be an easier way?

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Automatic Scan does the whole receiver by default. The least an automatic scan will do is one whole tuner.
    Select Manual Scan instead. There are several options in Manual Scan that allow you to scan one satellite, one saved transponder, or one manually entered transponder frequency.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks EB, I figured it out and have started scanning all sats. Is there a way to scan in only unencrypted channels? I have been going to the service editor and hiding the encrypted ones. Real awesome box when you get the hang of it and would be great if blind scan could be added.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    After scanning 135w without any issues I went to 133w and set up my tuner for that sat but when I go to manual scan it still shows 135w and if I change it to 133w and hit the scan button it tells me I have to go back to tuner configuration which I have already done.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Set "Only Free Scan" to Yes for unencrypted scan.

Carefully check your antenna settings. There are not any bugs in the manual scan that I have found. This feature has been available for ages.

If you learn one enigma2 box, then you can easily change to another model or different brand box as long as it runs enigma 2 and the setup/features will be the same or similar.
    At one point, The Zero was listed as having blindscan, but then it was withdrawn. I would have suggested the Solo2, which has a better blindscan than the Duo2 had I known this. It is still possible that the Zero will have a blindscan at some point.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Finally starting to scan all my sats, it took a while to figure it out. Have I mentioned that no receiver I have ever tested has better picture quality then the vu+zero:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can scan all of your sats and create a channel list that will transfer to almost any other enigma2 box. You may also transfer your antenna settings to almost any other enigma2 box and save time without entering them for each satellite.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Having issues once again. I scanned 107.3 and 135w without any issues but when I changed tuner configuration to 133w it gives me the message that there is nothing to scan and tuner needs to be configured. I've been doing this with my zero and dreambox without any issues so not a total newbie to this:

tuner configuration
    advanced set to 133 c band-no diseqc
    ok
    asks to return to previous service-no
    exit
    manual scan
    133w for single satellite scan

I had these issues initially with my zero so I didn't bother scanning sats. After spending hours with my dreambox I managed to figure it out and then I started scanning sats with my zero as well. I'm not quite sure why I'm having difficulties, do I need to press the green button or ok after I have setup tuner configuration-I thought they both are the same?????

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Post a screenshot of the 133 antenna settings, and post a screenshot of the manual scan settings right before it says there is nothing to scan.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    No problem EB:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast