1. Collapse Details
    My Sundtek atsc tuner arrived
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    My Sundtek tuner arrived today via pony express (USPS). About two weeks ago I had noticed the Sundtek Control Center plugin was available for the OpenATV image. After I loaded the plugin and played with it for a while, I was anxious to try out the tuner, but had to wait until today.

Since I had everything pre-loaded in OpenATV on my multiboot usb stick, it was just a matter of connecting the tuner to the rear usb slot. I then started the Sundtek Control Center plugin and downloaded the latest drivers from their server.

Earlier, I had also loaded a terrestrial.xml (U.S. tv frequencies) file with filezilla which over wrote the existing Euro terrestrial.xml files in /etc/tuxbox and /usr/share/tuxbox. I also kept a copy in /etc/enigma2 in case something went sour. Just in case, I did put the receiver to sleep using putty, prior to loading the files.

After rebooting the receiver, went into Sundtek Control Center and made sure the settings were correct. Then went to service searching menu and made sure the tuner was displayed. Afterwards, went to service searching and selected automatic scan on tuner E. The scan found 48 channels.

Picture quality is excellent. I was quite surprised after comparing MeTV on a sub-channel vs. the 101W equivalent.

The first two pictures are of Metv on the just scanned sub-channel and the other two pictures are from the sat at 101W.

So far, I can say this is an excellent product. Later tonight more testing....
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Thanks mountaineer thanked for this post