Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Amiko A3 and EPG
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Looks like they may have solved getting epg to work on some of the N.A. sats. Here's a cut and paste with some info.

"The Amiko A3 now has 7 day EPG for satellites 95w C/KU, 97w C/KU and 99w KU. Initially the EPG service is available for select channels on these North American satellites and the list of channels and satellites is growing!

I have been testing the EPG service on my personal A3 for the past month and very impressed with the seamless integration and simplicity of setting timers for viewing and DVR. EPG will be installed in the NA ROM shipped with all new STBs shipped starting 2/26/2014 and will be available to all North American A3 units very soon."
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloading EPG information from the internet to replace the non-existent transponder EPG has been discussed before. You will need somebody to manually maintain that type of EPG system. It will be interesting to see how long this new support lasts. EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    IF that's what he is doing.... time will tell.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where is your North American ROM support? Now it is all European ROMS, right?
    This EPG thing comes from the same guy that used to sell the Ali Openboxes with an altered sat file and call it a custom or private file. This EPG bit is designed to sell a few more A3 boxes. Nothing more, nothing less.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's a patch that he uses to clean out the Euro stuff not needed in N.A. So, at least he is still producing and listening to people making requests or additions.

More than I can say for the Vu+ group that NEVER answers emails and their yearly (keep them happy) release of their drivers from Korea.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you had someone selling VU in the States it may/may not be different. Money changes things. Enigma2 support for a box can be expected to last 3-5 years. You will do good to get one year out of Amiko.

Where is all of the fabulous Amiko A2 support? Seems there was a server and some special apps for that box, but It stopped being supported when the A3 showed up. When a replacement for the A3 appears, what do you think will happen to this new EPG? Hopefully it will continue to be maintained, but the odds are not good. Unless the new receiver can share the EPG thingy.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Without new and improved drivers, E2 is incapable of improving or offering NEW receiver capabilities. The E2 crowd has done a fabulous job offering band-aids due to the nature of the closed source drivers, but how much more can they offer? The bottleneck or hindrance is the closed source drivers and Vu+ milking the release process. Money is the driving factor (greed), which means they will release the necessary drivers (in their opinion) when they see fit if ever or until a new receiver is offered.

Heck, the Raptor and it's closed source firmware offered more than the Vu+ for the money. AND it's still one of the best receivers for the money out there.

A2 never owned one. A3, I did pay a higher price to be a beta tester, but I truly enjoyed playing with the receiver since its inception. It still is a fun receiver to test whenever I have the time to devote to it. I haven't had a chance to play with the epg, but if it lasts and improves for the next year, I will be a happy camper.

Plus, you have to give some credit when comparing one person (even though one likes or dislikes his personality) maintaining the N.A. version of the A3 to the Vu+ conglomerate milking the system. Heck, everyone tries and does milk the system, some more than others.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still see E2 as expanding. XBMC plugins and other stuff will continue to appear.

Will the A3 EPG expand or contract? Time will tell. Maybe the A3 4:2:2 that supposedly worked so well on the bench in Europe will be added too. Best of luck to the end user. EB

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amen!

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    After a year of testing, how is the A3 epg working out?

11. Likes rrob311 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast