Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 222728293031323334 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Yes to all. I was surfing and stopped on a random station to record a sample. I converted the ts file to a mp4 for convenience.

2. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you try to adjust your antenna?

The driver will not change the sensitivity of the tuner IC itself. According to your video the Tuner itself looks ok.
    You might check with us with skype (sundtek) to see where your problem is.
    Random glitches are definitely not caused by the tuner, either it fails completely or it works.

4. Thanks el bandido, ViP3R thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the response Sundtek. I did try rotating the antenna, but the same symptoms remain. While rotating the antenna from it's home location, the glitching continues until the signal is lost completely. The glitching is on all stations, not just the one recorded above. The only difference is the time interval in seconds in which the glitching occurs. As I mentioned earlier, if I switch to my tv tuner, the same stations are glitch free.

6. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eastof111 View Post
    Yes to all. I was surfing and stopped on a random station to record a sample. I converted the ts file to a mp4 for convenience.
    I have the same problem, but only when the weather is bad or when there is some kind of interference in the atmosphere.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    My initial thought is that the Sundtek is less sensitive than my tv tuner and therefore glitching. Weather changes has no effect in glitching. In July when the temps reached 110f most days and now when it is averaging 80f, cloudy, rain or shine, the same glitch pattern persists. Stumped to say the least.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Forgot to mention that in the posted recording the BER was 0, SNR 23% and AGC 23%. Just checked the same station and the BER is still at 0.

10. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can you try another antenna with it?

We've cross checked our device with several other tuners and the performance was even slightly better than with the other devices as far as we could see.
    Also with our pattern generator I cannot see any problem (of course with that one the signal will always be perfect).
    You might also try to use a cellphone next to the tuner.
    The antenna just depends where you live at the better the antenna the better the tuner will work for you.

12. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eastof111 View Post
    Forgot to mention that in the posted recording the BER was 0, SNR 23% and AGC 23%. Just checked the same station and the BER is still at 0.
    How much signal do you have without the amplifier? What is the non-amplified snr?

14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundtek View Post
    Can you try another antenna with it?

We've cross checked our device with several other tuners and the performance was even slightly better than with the other devices as far as we could see.
    Also with our pattern generator I cannot see any problem (of course with that one the signal will always be perfect).
    You might also try to use a cellphone next to the tuner.
    The antenna just depends where you live at the better the antenna the better the tuner will work for you.
    Don't have a spare yagi antenna to test. I haven't tried rabbit ears or similar; don't think it would do much good at my location. I noticed one of the elements has moved after an owl sat on the antenna. I will try to fix it as soon as I have some time to get on the roof.
    Attached Images Attached Images

15. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    How much signal do you have without the amplifier? What is the non-amplified snr?
    Will check that out later today and see what happens.

16. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post