Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Stream to your computer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Seems I've read in here that you can send your FTA channel to a computer. My wife is always hogging the tv like right now with her boring sports. I'd like to operate the FTA box and watch from the sofa. Do I need a plug in or something.
    C: 8' Andrew w/orthomode feeding twin Norsat 8515, Atemio Nemesis
    Ku: 1.2m Channel Master w/orthomode feeding twin NJR universal lnbs, Manhattan
    DBS: Motorized DTV Slimline w/DMS 922 circular, Jynxbox Ultra V3
    4:2:2 AZminiMe slaved off C/Ku

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    if she is not watching through your box yes you can.

Menu....plugins...and see if you have webif. should be there. Exit out..that was just a check to see if you had it.

if it is ...log onto your computer....open web browser. type in ip address of your box.
    web if page should display.

got to all channels button and press it. all of your channels should be listed. find the channel you want and click on it. This will "zap" to the channel . Then all the way to the right will be a small blue tv screen icon for each channel....click the one on the same line as the channel you want to watch.A file will download. It is the streaming file of that channel. Open it with a media player ... I use media player classic. It will take a second or two but it will play.

To change channel....close media player. And repeat above.

windows media player doesnt work for me....media player classic and I think VLC do fine.

You will find your way around in it. Also you can click satellite button and list sats and then click one and cannels will appear by sat...then repeat above.

Now whatever you are watching the box itself is watching. Also it will move the dish etc. when you select the channel.
    Think of it as a vrtual Fta box.

Hope this helps...get back to me and let me know if it works.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    One ore thing. If you want to watch something on the same transponder as your wife...take the C band G16 Pr MUX. Maybe your wife is watching NBC and you want to watch fox...then you should be able to do an instant record of FOX with your remote and then tune NBC for her using the remote control not computer.

Then go to your computer and access your box through the network and watch the recording ...it wont be LIVE but awfully close.

This does not involve webif...just another way if channels are on same TP. Most boxes allow you to view and record different channels on one TP.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mountian,

I have the WEBIF in my box and works fine with the sat the box is parked on. Incredible and easy!
    However it doesn't change the dish to a new sat. And the remote doesn't show on my screen. Pretty cool though.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I also noticed that my vu+zero also has the plugin WEBIF, that would be cool.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pixl....I think that you have to check the little box on the left...down the screen a little...under "stream" that says zap before stream. try that.. I think it used to move my dish. What box are you using and what image?

also did you click on the channel on the left first? That does the "zap" which mean tune and if needed move dish etc.
    Then click on the blue tv icon on the left to stream.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mountaineer View Post
    Pixl....I think that you have to check the little box on the left...down the screen a little...under "stream" that says zap before stream. try that.. I think it used to move my dish.
    I have a Atemio Nemesis, simular to the DUO receivers, running EGAMI image.
    Checking that little box did the job. Wow, this is fun. Thanks

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can use the remote control on the webinterface.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

There are several android apps available. I use the Android apps that have a signal meter to make dish adjustments. Saves me from having to take a receiver out to the dish.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pixl, remember the RaedQuickSignal_V1.0-By-RAED plugin you installed on your Nemesis? The webif has basically the same info.
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad it worked for you Pixl. E2 is very close to being all that I hoped it would be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast