Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    It's identical to my no name box Rob:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The audio doesn't come in on a lot of the spanish channels on 97w cband. In the audio menu it says dolby d. I don't have a stereo system hooked up to my tv so I am not sure which audio type any of these are. I would imagine they are the same.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I noticed the same audio issue on the CTV channels on Anik F1R at 107.3w, they are Ac3(dolby).

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you know which satellite has a working epg? I would like to test the recording function.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

5. Collapse Details
    epg
    Post Thanks / Like
    I tested the epg on 103w and set it up to record a show in advance. It started recording the show promptly at 6pm when I set it up. It then stopped recording at 6:15 at the end of the show. The receiver stayed on. I am not that familiar with the settings but it didn't shut off when it was done.
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks rrob! That is great info!

One thing does it have to have EPG to record.....or does it have a place to setup timers?

Thanks for the review!

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes for the timer setting utilizing the green button it needs a functioning epg. There are 2 options to record, ps and ts. However in the main menu if you go into timer setting you can manually enter the information to record. I setup a quick 5 minute recording using this option on Ion with no epg and it worked properly starting at 8:50 and ending at 8:55. When the recording ended it did not shut off but it switched briefly like it was switching channels.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    awesome. Thanks....so really the only faults so far are....AC3 audio...and no motor control. if I have it right.
    Well if they get atleast the ac3 audio fixed....the box sounds good.
    Thanks rrob.

9. Thanks rrob311 thanked for this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes the AC3 audio problem is a drag. There is a Coaxial audio output that I cannot test because I don't have a stereo. Maybe the ac3 audio would work using this output.

I don't see a motor menu anywhere. This receiver is very similar in functions to the msd7816 receiver I tested a while back. Both lack motor control and ac3 audio. Since this box is about 15$ cheaper it is a much better deal for the money.

I have been using the box for the last 2 nights exclusively to watch TV with and haven't experienced any hardware issues or freezing. So the box is stable so far.
    Last edited by rrob311; 02-18-2015 at 08:32 PM.

11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    wonder if there is another box out there that might have firmware that is compatible that has those features...of course then the remote control might not work

12. Thanks rrob311 thanked for this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast