TRON 2.0, No need to suggest any impropriety... You have my full permission to share the recent email in response to your posting in the other thread. I had felt that it was more appropriate to respond in private as I had not been contacted by you regarding and issues. I continue to offer you a full refund if you really feel so poorly about me or feel that you were duped or purchased a poor performance product. I have always tried to assist you with your projects on other forums and sent you install goodies as you were starting out. I love the hobby and enjoy helping folks figure out the technology. If I have failed you, sorry!

El Bandido, Enjoying the wealth of information that you share. I agree that DRO and PLL LNBs both provide similar performance on the fat and easy to receive muxes. In addition to the advantages of a PLL on skinny bandwidth SCPC services as you mention, a PLL really helps on high FEC transponders or signals near the threshold.

An engineer friend does contract work with Dish Network and he indicated that they are currently testing some PLL LNBFs for the next generation development. The previous generation of PLL ICs had significatly higher current draw, generated higher noise, more heat and were quite expensive. About three years ago the new RDA PLL chips were introduced. These have really been a game changer for lowering the power demands, increased performance and at a low cost very close to a DRO build.

I'll add my observations on the frequency drift. Most receivers have excellent AFT circuits and track the typical amount of LO thermal drift. DRO drift is most noticeable in the temperature extremes as they may cause the LO frequency to drift beyond the auto tuning capability of the receiver. Many Norsats, NJR and other brand LNBFs running strong and on exact frequency after 20+ years! Speaks volumes to their quality!

Have a great weekend!