I expect to put up another c band dish sometime this spring, and I decided to purchase a Geosat C2 pll lnb for use on this new dish antenna. The Geosat C2 lnb was chosen for this dish project because I needed a dual lnb with a warranty. It will be a few more weeks before this new dish system is installed, so I decided to mount the Geosat C2 on my main c band dish and see how it performs.

I found the Geosat C2 lnb to be light in weight which allows for easier mounting when compared to the heavier Titanium pll lnb. The useless heat sink for the Titanium lnb weighs almost half as much as the entire Goesat C2 lnb. The extra weight of the useless Titanium heat sink also makes the lnb unbalanced in the feed horn or scalar ring.

My first impressions of receiving satellite signals with the Geost C2 lnb are very good. The Geosat C2 seems to perform very well, and may be a bit better than my Pauxis lnb which is not a pll type of lnb. The Geosat C2 will be allowed to stay on the dish for awhile so I can make sure that it is adjusted for maximum signal. Then I will test the performance of the Geosat C2 against my Pauxis dro lnb, and if possible, against the Titanium C2 pll lnb.

The Geosat C2 pll lnb weighs only 7 ounces. I think this lnb weighs the least of any dual c band lnbf that I have installed. Light weight means less tension or torque is needed for the feed horn or scalar ring screws. Light weight also allows for an overall easier installation. EB