1. Collapse Details
    Nemesis upgrade prob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Today went from Egami 6.61 to 6.62. Most of my sats have grayed out channels. I tried restoring satellites.xml and lamedb. But still the same. Any ideas on getting back to where I was befoe the up grade?
    C: 8' Andrew w/orthomode feeding twin Norsat 8515, Atemio Nemesis
    Ku: 1.2m Channel Master w/orthomode feeding twin NJR universal lnbs, Manhattan
    DBS: Motorized DTV Slimline w/DMS 922 circular, Jynxbox Ultra V3
    4:2:2 AZminiMe slaved off C/Ku

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's a PIA when the upgrade installs a new sat.xml file and it creates a mismatch. You have three options - 1- go back to your last working backup and wait for the next upgrade that works properly, 2 - rescan everything using the new sat.xml file and hope it doesn't screw up the new (next) upgrade, 3 - use putty and filezilla to restore your last settings to work with the upgrade that screwed things up:

1 - Putty in to your receiver and issue a "init 4"
    2 - Then Filezilla to your receiver and copy your last working lamedb, settings and sat.xml file to /etc/enigma2/ directory.
    3 - Exit Filezilla.
    4 - Restart Filezilla again and copy your working sat.xml file to /etc and /etc/tuxbox.
    5 - Copy your sat.xml file to /usr/share and /usr/share/tuxbox
    6 - Exit Filezilla.
    7 - Go back to putty and issue a "init 6" and the receiver will reboot and your sats should show up again.

This has always worked for me.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just for reference here and I know there is currently no ViX image for this box but, If you are manually transferring a satellites.xml file to a ViX image or any other image that has its roots in Pli your satellites.xml file should be going to /etc/enigma2/ not /etc/tuxbox/.

The reason for this is because the file in /etc/tuxbox/ is the master file and should not be tampered with in any way as it is always updated on a image update, placing your own file in /etc/enigma2/ is called a user file. If the image detects a user file it will default to that file ignoring the master file until such a time as the user file is no longer detected at which point it will default back to the master file. This also allows you to use custom or modified files that will not be updated as part of a normal image update.

Sorry for the long winded explanation but it is worth knowing.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is always a good idea to do a full back of the image before upgrading.

I also keep a current copy of etc, python, and enigma2:
    The etc folder located at /
    The python folder located at /usr/lib/enigma2
    The enigma2 folder located at /usr/share

Those three folders contain all the settings, skins and plugins. A full backup will restore what you previously had, but the information in the three folders that I routinely save will allow me to recover settings, skins and plugins if needed. This has been useful for upgrade or loading other images that will not allow you to carry stored settings.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys. With the advice here I am back on line.
    C: 8' Andrew w/orthomode feeding twin Norsat 8515, Atemio Nemesis
    Ku: 1.2m Channel Master w/orthomode feeding twin NJR universal lnbs, Manhattan
    DBS: Motorized DTV Slimline w/DMS 922 circular, Jynxbox Ultra V3
    4:2:2 AZminiMe slaved off C/Ku