Thread: Vu+Zero Help

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Going back to Black Hole and do hope they have a functional blind scan eventually. The Opendroid and PKT had blind scan function but it didn't work. I was really impressed with VTI, Openspa and Pbnigma. Giving it a rest for today but will pick it up again tomorrow.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    What kind of lnb are you using with the blindscan?
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Costa, did you get your Xbmc ipk file installed and does it work?

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The XBMC ipk is obsolete and no longer supported. It has been replaced with the Kodi plugin which is much better.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was referring to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cannot see that because I am unable to login and see no path for password recovery. Here is what I am referring to:

If plugin XBMCAddons is already installed - KodiDirect can be found in Plugins and also in Extenssions lists. Users can continue using XBMCAddons - but please note that it will not be supported any more. Any particular XBMCAddons plugin that does not work with KodiDirect - may be converted on request.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got straightened out at VIX so I can see inside your link. I think we had the same idea.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    What kind of lnb are you using with the blindscan?
    Universal, on Hispasat at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by eastof111 View Post
    Costa, did you get your Xbmc ipk file installed and does it work?
    I had it installed initially but I kept getting green shut down screen. I just went back to Black Hole when I called it a day. There must be a way to stream with the zero?

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    have you tried OpenATV yet mate?

I have had my Vu+ Zero for about a week now and to be honest I think its a great little box. I still think its a big pity that VIX have decided not to support this receiver, but i'm sure they have their reasons. Like yourself I have Blackhole 2.1.4 on mine too. I have I have been messing with Linux boxes for a long time using Neutrino, E1 and E2 so i'm sure I can help with most things.

I use the same channel list on my Vu+ (Blackhole), my Gigablue (VIX) and my Alien 2 (PKT) and all the boxes work fine with the same channel list, so all you need to do is make one list and just keep it on your PC/MAC for use ata later day. I use Dreamboxedit to modify and install the channel lists and Cute FTP to modify the files on the box.

CuteFTP has been the best FTP client i have used for a long time and is perfect for communicating with these boxes. If you need a copy just let me know, It works with all versions of windows from XP upwards. I haven't had much time to experiment with the Vu+ and haven't tried streaming yet, although to be honest i use my Alien 2 mostly for streaming IPTV stuff.

Nano

Xtrend ET9500, 1m Gilbertini Dish with Fracarro 0.1db lnb, 75cm Visiosat BISAT G3a triple lnb dish, EMP Centauri IRS system, Technomate TM5402HD, AB Prismcube Ruby, Evo Xfinity Android, nBox 5800s & Amiko Alien 2

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Costactc View Post
    Universal, on Hispasat at the moment.

I had it installed initially but I kept getting green shut down screen. I just went back to Black Hole when I called it a day. There must be a way to stream with the zero?

From what I can gather streaming and recording on the Zero and the Solo SE were initially disabled by Vu+ possibly for kind of tax avoidance (although thats just speculative) when shipping the receivers, these functions were then re-enabled with the inclusion of a pau.bb file. you can read more about it here.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast