Thread: Vu+Zero Arrival

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    We tried extracting and loading the Vu+ file like is done with the Duo2. It will not work for some reason. Still looking for why it does not work like that....

Reload the backup and see if the time date gets restored.
    You may save the lamedb file in etc/enigma2 before you reload the backup, then reinstall it after you reload and everything that you have scanned will be there.
    You can do the same thing with the settings file in etc/enigma2. The settings file contains all of the receiver settings and the antenna settings.
    Use FileZilla to copy and transfer these files. You will need to reboot in order to change the lamedb file, and you will need to hardboot by turning the power off (unplug or use rocker switch on back) after you transfer the settings file.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    We tried extracting and loading the Vu+ file like is done with the Duo2. It will not work for some reason. Still looking for why it does not work like that....

Reload the backup and see if the time date gets restored.
    You may save the lamedb file in etc/enigma2 before you reload the backup, then reinstall it after you reload and everything that you have scanned will be there.
    You can do the same thing with the settings file in etc/enigma2. The settings file contains all of the receiver settings and the antenna settings.
    Use FileZilla to copy and transfer these files. You will need to reboot in order to change the lamedb file, and you will need to hardboot by turning the power off (unplug or use rocker switch on back) after you transfer the settings file.
    I dont have a Zero on which to test but when the forum is back online I will make a post in the dev room for some one to check it out.
    Last edited by Pale-Rider; 02-17-2015 at 12:11 PM.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good!
    Let them know we appreciate the Genuine Openvix Images.!

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good!
    No worries buddy, I will.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    el bandido thanks for the image,it loaded with no problem.i am going to play with it later and let you know.good looking.one more thing,you mention the lamedb file,does this apply to me too?

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. You can transfer the lamedb if you want to, but you may need to transfer the satellites.xml file that the lamedb was made with. Transferring the satellites .xml file in etc/tuxbox may cause the satellite editor to crash.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    when i in stall the back up file and it reloads to the openvix image there is assign that come up saying, tune failed,but it disappear once i hit the ok button on the remote.i am just a little back here,where is the lamedb file?is it in the backup file?where can i get it?what it for?ok getting there.will contune.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The lamedb file is located in etc/enigma2. The lamedb file contains the channel information that is stored in the receiver. i suggest you forget about moving or trying to move this file until you become used to the system.

On a tv channel, or while watching a tv channel, pressing the green remote button once will give you the channels for the satellite. Pressing the green remote button twice gives you the satellite list. A lot of the remote keys may be set to what you want them to do.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good!
    Bug report created for this in our dev section now mate.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    This needs to be tested.

Extract the file and FTP it to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/ViX

Let me know if it fixes the image backup issue on your Zero and if it does we will commit it to the GIT for inclusion in the image.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast