Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    The first time I used XBMC, most items I tried worked correctly. The second time I launched XBMC, things got a little shaky and had some freezing and it needed a reboot. Third time I couldn't exit from XBMC, had to reboot. Time to wait for an update.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info.
    Regards.
    Chewie

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't mean to hijack but will this be compatible with the vu+zero as well?

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    No.
    The chipset for the Zero is not the same.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Do Not expect the XBMC plugin to work correctly or function 100 percent. A lot more needs to be done before all the features will operate. People will also need to learn how the features work.

A mouse and maybe a keyboard would be good additions to add to your receiver. I have a wireless mouse and wireless keyboard. You may also use the remote which takes longer to do simple tasks. To exit out of XBMC, press the Power button on the remote. Doing this will cause the shutdown menu for XBMC to appear.

Remember, XBMC is a work in progress. Using it right now more or less puts you in a beta testing situation. XBMC should be available in all popular and well supported images in the near future. This will take place as the bugs and issues are worked out and the plugin becomes more usable.
    There is nothing much for the teams to work on or improve here, this like the HbbTv plugin provided by Vu+ is a closed source addon for the image, and improvements or fixes will have to be provided by Vu+ them selves. The teams are only really able to add the plugin to the image, very little else.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Correct. But some teams will not bother to add the XBMC plugin to their image until it matures a bit.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Correct. But some teams will not bother to add the XBMC plugin to their image until it matures a bit.
    Personally if it were upto me I would not bother putting it in ViX at all, but it's a group decision so i'll go with the majority. I will ay this though, we wont be going the route of other teams who are producing and maintaining two image lines (one for XBMC one without), we are working on getting it out as a installable plugin from the image feeds the same as we did with the HbbTv plugin when BH and others were once again putting out two images and doubling the work needed unnecessarily.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would expect almost every group to only have one image because it makes no sense to have two identical images except for one plugin.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12