Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Open_Atv_XBMC Frodo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Loaded in flash and it is pretty impressive and just as responsive compared to a PC. I used a Logitech keyboard and it makes it much easier to navigate vs. the remote control.

I added some addons like METV and the Wall Street Journal and they worked very well. I was unable to load a zip file addon. I guess they haven't implemented the zip feature yet. I also tried adding an addon by going to the htttp site and that was not recognized.

I added the XBMC backup and restore addon feature and created a backup of 35 mb successfully. I haven't tried the restore feature yet.

After some tweaking by the coders, I am sure most of the bugs will be worked out.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    How does Duo2 XBMC compare with the Amiko A3 XBMC?
    Both VTi and Blackhole XBMC images have drivers for my ATSC device installed, but the ATV XBMC image does not.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello GUYS
    How you set this up, I read this at the ATV forums regarding XBMC:

Don't start XBMC until you did not mount your HDD ! it seem that is not mounted automatically ...

"Warning to prevent that Xbmc will fill your flash you have to map a device (hdd, usb or nas) to
    folder /media/hdd using device panel BEFORE to launch Xbmc."

I am lost here,

The mount Manger info is:
    USB: WDC WD10EXRX-00L
    Size: 931 GB Mount: /media/hdd

USB: Sand Disk Ultra
    Size: 58 GB Mount: /media/usb

Do I have to do anything before I launch XBMC?
    Please let me know.
    Thanks in advance.
    Regards.
    Chewie

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had no complaints with the A3 and was impressed with its keyboard capabilities and speed with the old firmware. I didn't really test all the XBMC capabilities because I thought at the time to wait till they released new firmware. There has been a new firmware out for a while, but I just haven't gotten around to installing it. I hope to spend some time this week with the A3. The thing with the A3 is the gui.... its rather annoying to get use to, but once you start, it becomes addictive and enjoyable. Then when you return to another receiver, it becomes annoying to use. Almost like using your mouse with your right hand and then switching to your left hand.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chewie, I guess I missed that warning....

I had NFR in flash, and just loaded ATV from the usb drive and flashed it. Everything worked as usual.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks East.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    A XBMC folder was automatically installed to my internal hard drive. XBMC needs a place to store information, and it will create a storage place in flash if it cannot find any other suitable place. People with mounted hard drives probably do not need to worry.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I noticed that new folder when I had to choose a a backup location for the XBMC backup.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Guys, I have the same folder in the HDD. I added the METV, but it does not play any clips, I was not able to exit out of it, the receiver was not responding to anything, I had to turn the receiver off by the off/on switch in the back of the receiver and back on.
    i will try to reinstall the image again and see what happens.
    Regards.
    Chewie.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do Not expect the XBMC plugin to work correctly or function 100 percent. A lot more needs to be done before all the features will operate. People will also need to learn how the features work.

A mouse and maybe a keyboard would be good additions to add to your receiver. I have a wireless mouse and wireless keyboard. You may also use the remote which takes longer to do simple tasks. To exit out of XBMC, press the Power button on the remote. Doing this will cause the shutdown menu for XBMC to appear.

Remember, XBMC is a work in progress. Using it right now more or less puts you in a beta testing situation. XBMC should be available in all popular and well supported images in the near future. This will take place as the bugs and issues are worked out and the plugin becomes more usable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast