Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Dish/Motor Issues?
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Just looking for others opinions. We've had several nasty wind storms lately and my motorised 4' ku dish seems to be a bit out of whack. I am using usals with my stab 1.2 hh motor. When I scan in a sat like G3c at 95w I get optimum signal quality but as I move the dish east I have to compensate in my motorised setting by reducing my westerly degrees. As I get to Hispasat at 30w my degree difference from 95w is 3 degrees less and signal quality is optimised at 30w. Unfortunately it's Winter and getting to the dish is quite a challenge. I'm at a loss and scratching my head. Either the dish isn't tracking the arc as well as it should, the dish is warped or something is loose. Any ideas?

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe the dish& bracket is rotated 3 degree around the pole

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply Chifut. It may well have moved but to be spot on on one side and off by 3 degrees on the other side?

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    ..Then the pole somehow is tilted little be . 30w is very picky sat. 95w is catchable even with no aligment dish and very strong signals .Check the pole's plum ..You know that....

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where is the center of the arc located?
    Using the wrong USALS coordinates can cause the end of one side of center to be way off.
    The dish can be misaligned on the motor. The Stab HH120 does not have a bolt running trough it to hold the dish center. Moving away from center and having to stop short means the dish is too low. Moving away from center and having to stop past the satellite location means the dish is too high.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going on the roof to have a look.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't fall off bro...lol

click click b00m

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got it. I lowered the dish slightly and managed to get the pole about 1mm to the south. My true south is 74 degrees so I use Amc 6 at 72w which is my closest sat. I couldn't scan it in earlier today, now it's over 90% signal quality. I'm going to check out my whole arc.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thought I had it but still having to change motor position, I think a realignment is in my immediate future tomorrow as the temp is still supposed to be above freezing.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wasn't having these issues when I had my Technomate 5302 on this feed. I decided to slap it back on and all seems well. I'm thinking that my new Technomate 5402 m1 receiver is having issues moving the dish accurately. I still plan on doing some tweaking as long as Mother Nature allows for it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast