Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    MARLIN60

You're doing it great. Its being report all over the internet people having a lot of problems trying to recover Z5 models. It is a matter of keep testing and trying. Using the RS232 process I see you have come to the point where the program is looking for the boot file. Keep trying using different files (make sure you rename the files as rom.bin). The file needs to be in the same folder of the sunplus.
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlospr43 View Post
    MARLIN60

You're doing it great. Its being report all over the internet people having a lot of problems trying to recover Z5 models. It is a matter of keep testing and trying. Using the RS232 process I see you have come to the point where the program is looking for the boot file. Keep trying using different files (make sure you rename the files as rom.bin). The file needs to be in the same folder of the sunplus.
    Although it has frustrated me, beyond belief, i know i'll keep trying Carlos...........just venting i guess....lol
    Didn't know i could use different files, so i'll take a stab at that. Will also remember to re-name them rom.bins. Merry Christmas
    WOODSMAN

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'VE GOT IT CARLOS Found the info on a Openbox specific site. Don't remember OP, but it's to his credit. This info may help someone else, who has the same prob. It may even help, if it's locked up for other reasons, or possibly on other Openboxes ( not sure ). You can put info where you think it's best suited:

Press 9898 on remote control. Screen will go black. Press "Menu" on remote control, and "Main Menu" will appear on screen. Then you can go wherever you want, from there. If you don't download newest firmware, you will have to go through those five clicks, every time you turn off receiver, and turn it back on. In my case, there was a new update, and when it finished, it put receiver back in normal mode. Soooooooooo, no more punching holes in my laptop monitor, trying to use rs232......lol. Thanks for your help guys
    WOODSMAN

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MARLIN60 View Post
    I'VE GOT IT CARLOS Found the info on a Openbox specific site. Don't remember OP, but it's to his credit. This info may help someone else, who has the same prob. It may even help, if it's locked up for other reasons, or possibly on other Openboxes ( not sure ). You can put info where you think it's best suited:

Press 9898 on remote control. Screen will go black. Press "Menu" on remote control, and "Main Menu" will appear on screen. Then you can go wherever you want, from there. If you don't download newest firmware, you will have to go through those five clicks, every time you turn off receiver, and turn it back on. In my case, there was a new update, and when it finished, it put receiver back in normal mode. Soooooooooo, no more punching holes in my laptop monitor, trying to use rs232......lol. Thanks for your help guys
    MARLIN60

I'm glad you finally found a way around to unbrick your box. This is the part it makes this hobby real interesting. I will pull your instructions and create a new guideline post and will stick it to the Z5 section. Thanks a lot for sharing!! Happy Holidays!!
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12