1. Collapse Details
    Dvb-s2 Card/Tuner
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I'm not too familiar with how these work for satellite reception. Are they connected to a computer? And, if so, how do you get it onto your tv screen? Any info would be much appreciated.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Costa, two easy ways to go.

An internal card that plugs into one of your pc motherboard slots or a small box similar in size to your mini. Except this plugs in to a usb port on your pc. For connection to tv, the output will be dependent on your video card capabilities. Your pc will handle the software that usually comes with the card or usb tuner. You will need the appropriate drivers (for card) and codecs (for video) for everything to work correctly.

With the appropriate software you can blind scan or move dishes from your pc, etc. This is a typical third party source software and some of its capabilities.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

There are many others depending on preferences (free), Dvbdream, Progdvb, Dvbviewer, Tsreader, and older ones My Theatre, Ritz, Hawk, Altdvb, etc.

Really nice to play with if you want to try something new.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    some tvs have vga inputs [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    or better yet, does your computer have dvi [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    dvi can be directly converted to hdmi

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the replies. My tv doesn't have a vga input, it has an IEEE 1394 DV Input and a photo input. My laptop has the vga input though.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can always get an adapter vga to dvi along with a usb tuner for the lap top. The lap top should have enough memory and cpu power to allow windows decode the hd video or the usb tuner you choose does internal decoding.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm looking into the tbs 6983 but I'm not sure as to how I would plug it into my laptop?

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    That card is more suited for a PC with a pci enhanced slot on the mother board.

This is one you can get at Ricks, but you may be able to find it for less money else where. The 5925 is more expensive but, does more, you can compare the specs to decide.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a TBS5925. The device scans slow but it is very good at finding transponders. Whatever you do, stay far away from the TBS Matrix because it is the biggest piece of junk that I have ever owned in fta gear.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just bought the tbs5922 to start off with. I decided to buy it from Rick's where I should have it in 10 days whereas from China it would probably take 3 weeks.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cool Costa, I think you're going to have a lot of fun testing and using all the programs available.