Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Hello PixL
    For some reason I was not able to load this version on my multiboot, I also noticed this new version is not under the regular site I go to, strange, well i am not going to load it on the Receiver just yet .
    Regards.
    Chewie

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I read there yesterday that 4.3 was still in beta and they were asking people who had found it not to load it yet. I wonder if I can rip the blindscan folder and try it in my Nemesis.
    C: 8' Andrew w/orthomode feeding twin Norsat 8515, Atemio Nemesis
    Ku: 1.2m Channel Master w/orthomode feeding twin NJR universal lnbs, Manhattan
    DBS: Motorized DTV Slimline w/DMS 922 circular, Jynxbox Ultra V3
    4:2:2 AZminiMe slaved off C/Ku

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pixl, don't know if you've tried OpenNFR yet, but it is also available for your receiver.

Don't know how good it is on the Nemesis, but I am currently testing it in flash on the Duo2.

Here''s the file in case you get the itch to try it later on.
    Last edited by eastof111; 12-09-2014 at 01:05 AM.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok, thanks. Didn't know about that one.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's are few others, but I haven't figured out if they have blind scan yet.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixl View Post
    I read there yesterday that 4.3 was still in beta and they were asking people who had found it not to load it yet. I wonder if I can rip the blindscan folder and try it in my Nemesis.
    You can rip and install another blindscan folder, but it may not work. The blindscan feature would disappear if it did not work, and may require reloading the image to get it back.

More than likely, this bug exists in all E2 blindscan plugins, and the plugin we are using in all of E2 our receivers is probably made by the same person. I expect this problem to be fixed but it may take a while like the C band transponder reception did. Installing an universal lnb will be the best short term option.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    . Installing an universal lnb will be the best short term option.
    In trying to keep with good engineering practices I'd rather keep the feed horn that was original equipment with this Channel Master/Primestar 1.2m dish. It has a C-120 flange and an expensive Invacom LNB would be needed.
    Hopefully we can get the request for a fix over to someone who knows and cares about this.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's not that people dont care about blindscan because they do and Huevos has spent a ton of his own time working on and improving blindscan even trying to get Pli to incorporate his changes. The main hurdle here is that the primary developers are based in a area where they can not directly receive the services needed to look into things. even in Europe there are times when a Dev in say England cant access certain satellites that devs in say Portugal can and in those situations we have had to setup boxes to allow remote access where possible.

Please dont be disheartened by the posts so far in the thread on the ViX forum as we are trying to get people to look into your issues but we need a lot of data before we can even start to look into things, and we have asked Huevos if he can look into it for you. That said Huevos does also have a real life as a satellite installer in Spain and is currently working on improving ABM to work with more providers. My personal hope would be to get ABM working for the North American providers first then look into blindscan for this region if possible.

One last thing I would suggest is that you remain active in the thread on the ViX forum and provide as much of the info requested as you can, and dont worry about rob he's not a native English speaker and can come off as a little rough at times but he means well and if any one he would be the person pushing to get this sorted for you.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another thing here is that people keep refering to blindscan as if it's differnet in most images, well thats not true, for the OE-A at least all member teams and those who are not members but still build from the OE-A git, obtain their blindscan plugins from here.
    Code:
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/tree/master/Blindscan
    and as you can see it has been forked 63 times. so maybe start there ?.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale-Rider View Post
    The main hurdle here is that the primary developers are based in a area where they can not directly receive the services needed to look into things.
    This problem can be tested and seen almost anywhere in the world. Most Ku satellites that are available in Europe and other countries have linear transponders above 11700 MHz. The only other item you need to test and look into things would be a standard lnb (l.o. 10750). So this problem can be seen almost anywhere in the world providing you have standard lnb installed.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast