Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Unfortunately so have I but that tends to happen when people decompile Python files as the process of deco piling the files only outputs the code and not the comments. Which is why I can't stress enough that people work from the source rather than rip files from images.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agree. Makes life much easier when everyone cooperates.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the best solution I see for using a 10750 l.o. lnb with the current E2 blindscan plugin:
    (A) Use the lnb Universal setting
    (B) Change the Scan stop frequency in the Blind scan menu to 11700
    (C) All found transponders will be displayed 1 GHz lower.

For example, The 11809 transponder for LPB at 87W will be displayed as 10809 when using these settings and a Standard 10750 l.o. lnb.
    Another way to put it is: All transponders that begin with 11 will be displayed as 10, and all transponders that begin with 12 will be displayed as 11.

This 10750 lnb problem is probably pretty easy to fix for somebody that works with the plugin. Changes will probably need to be made in more than one area to be successful, so I would expect it to take some time.

Universal lnb settings could be described as as scanning the IF of the receiver (950-2150 MHz) using the low l.o. frequency, then changing to the high l.o. frequency and scanning the receiver's IF again. This would explain why you get duplicate channels during a blindscan when using Universal lnb settings with a Standard lnb.

Attached are some blindscan logs.
    blindscan_87W_11-12-2014_09-47-13 = Scan done using 10750 lnb and 1700 as upper cutoff.
    blindscan_87W_11-12-2014_09-23-41 = Scan done with 10750 lnb and default settings.
    blindscan_87W_11-12-2014_10-05-33 = Scan done with default settings and Universal lnb.

We could expect similar problems and a similar solution if we used a circular 11250 l.o. lnb with the current blindscan plugin. I have modified an Universal lnb to work as circular instead of linear, so I did not see any problems with the circular transponders using the modified lnb.
    Attached Files Attached Files

4. Thanks rrob311 thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    EB,

Your findings jive with what I'm seeing too. All my scans are 1000 low, but at least the blind scan is working to a usable degree.

In your post you mentioned attaching blindscan logs, but I don't see them. Can you re-post?

In your service info screen shot I see "roll off 0.35" what is that?
    C: 8' Andrew w/orthomode feeding twin Norsat 8515, Atemio Nemesis
    Ku: 1.2m Channel Master w/orthomode feeding twin NJR universal lnbs, Manhattan
    DBS: Motorized DTV Slimline w/DMS 922 circular, Jynxbox Ultra V3
    4:2:2 AZminiMe slaved off C/Ku

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look under the pictures and click on "blindscan.rar". There are three files atttached in that .rar file.
    "roll off 0.35" Is a DVB-S2 filtering setting. A .pdf file explaining this is attached.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112