Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Multiboot getting popular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Looks like ATV has added a multiboot plugin which will allow it to be used while ATV is in flash. Looks like the trend is catching on. I hope they continue to do so and improve any glitches that we may encounter when multi-booting different images. I haven't tested it yet, but will surely do so. Thanks ATV.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello east
    I try it, but is missing a option " to boot from" after you upload the new image.
    Regards.
    Chewie

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Chewie, gonna try it and see what it looks like compared to OpenSpa. The OpenNFR multiboot also has a glitch which keeps duplicating the image names on my usb stick after I reboot from NFR to any other image. The duplicate names have no files in their respective sub-directories though. Hope they fix that soon.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chewie View Post
    Hello east
    I try it, but is missing a option " to boot from" after you upload the new image.
    Regards.
    Chewie
    Heh, heh, that's like giving you a free bottle of beer with out the beer!

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eastof111 View Post
    Thanks Chewie, gonna try it and see what it looks like compared to OpenSpa. The OpenNFR multiboot also has a glitch which keeps duplicating the image names on my usb stick after I reboot from NFR to any other image. The duplicate names have no files in their respective sub-directories though. Hope they fix that soon.
    I am using the OpenNFR I had the OpenSPA a couple days ago, I normally software update the images every other day, yesterday I updated the OpenNFR, it had 120 packages, after down loaded it it screw my multiboot in OPenSPA.
    I loaded a older version of the OpenNFR to the flash initialized the USB stick and loaded the NFR4Xboot, I like the way is set up, you can down load the images and install them right right out the multiboot and it gives you the choice to install the images just like the procedure for the OpenSPA, I installed the OpenVIX and the ATV images and is working fine, I do not see your problem, for some reason it does not like the Open PLI 4.0, you can load it , but does not bootup, do you know of any other images out there worth trying?
    Regards.
    Chewie

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    "OpenNFR, it had 120 packages, after down loaded it it screw my multiboot in OPenSPA" This usually happens to me with ATV when upgrading on line when I have missed four or five update versions. Once in a while with VIX and yesterday with PLI and its 250 packages.

About the only other one you might try is OpenLD which has blindscan, all the others are mostly Euro oriented and PKT hasn't come out with a new version lately.

Right now I am playing with TSPanel the latest version to see if it still screws up the OS. Also, loaded enigma2-plugin-extensions-linuxsat-support-addons_1.0_mips32el from which I loaded the latest TSPanel.
    Last edited by eastof111; 11-26-2014 at 08:31 PM.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just re-flashed NFR and setup NFR4xmultiboot on another usb stick, then online downloaded VIX 089 from the multiboot menu. It installed to the usb stick fine but got stuck in rebooting. Shut off unit and rebooted via multiboot menu and VIX started fine. Restored VIX settings from yesterday and rebooted fine again. Updated VIX to 090 via online, rebooted and everything seems to be working fine.

Now, will see how the other images install to the usb stick via the online NFR4x download menu. If the others work ok, I'll probably keep NFR in flash for a while to see how it behaves.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    So far so good.... LD and PLI loaded via Filezilla to usb stick.

Tried a Logitech keyboard to rename the image entries, but it seems NFR doesn't recognize the alpha keys. Numeric, arrows, space bar and enter keys seem to work correctly. Too bad.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by eastof111; 11-27-2014 at 02:13 AM.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Updated PLI 20141126 to 20141127 online, rebooted and after getting past the boot loader menu it got stuck. I tried a cold reboot with no luck. Tried rebooting to flash, no luck. Tried rebooting to VIX, LD, ATV, no luck. Had to reinstall NFR to flash. Tried reinstalling multiboot to the same usb stick and found out it was write protected and could not reinstall to access the installed images. How that happened, I can only guess it was a bug in the PLI 20141127 install process.

Tried Windoze,
    Open a command prompt with admin rights
    type DISKPART press <enter>
    type LIST VOLUME press <enter>
    type SELECT VOLUME X, where X is the volume number you want to remove the write protect from. In my case is was Volume 21
    type ATTRIBUTES DISK CLEAR READONLY press <enter>
    you will see a prompt that the "write protect has been removed"
    type EXIT press <enter>

After many tries, this procedure did not remove write protection. Also, tried the booting to safe mode routine and it did not work.

Tried Telnet,
    find /media/usb/*/ -type d -exec chmod 777 {} \;
    or
    chmod 777 /media/usb/*

It did manage to change some files and folders, but the rest of the usb stick was still write protected.

But still no go. So much for trying to save the multiboot images on the usb stick. Finally, used Dr. UFD for PQI and it removed the write protection from my usb stick; but unfortunately it had to delete the images. But at least I was able to salvage the usb stick.

Reinstalled all images except PLI and made a usb image backup (just in case) and all working fine again.

Tried installing PLI 20141128, but it still has bugs upon reboot.... but this time it did not write protect the usb stick. I rebooted back to flash and was able to remove PLI. Tried using multiboot with out the menu boot loader and it did boot up faster. But I prefer the menu boot loader installed because it offers more control. Now everything is working fine again.

This write protection snafu happened to me a while back loading E2 to a usb stick on the Raptor, but I can't recall if it was PKT or HDMU that caused the problem. Just glad I didn't have this multiboot problem on my hard drive. LOL

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have you try Mb with OpenPli in flash
    Last edited by mb1; 12-07-2014 at 03:21 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast