1. Collapse Details
    1.25 Meter KU Dish with Possible Motor/Actuator?
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    About two months ago I was giving a 1.25M commercial dish, twin commercial LNBs, and a NPRM, by an owner of a defunct gas station. The dish actual size is 54"X48".

Went to the internet and done some research about this dish, and found little information on who made the dish. ASCSignal, Mold Number 1.25M, and Part number 3040942, and Made in USA, is stamped on the back of the dish.

At the moment the dish is pointed at Galaxy 19, and I placed a home made bracket with a LNB pointed to 101W SES1 with good reception.

Now here comes the BIG question, does any member of this forum have this type or namebrand of dish, and if so, has anyone been able to motorized the dish. This dish is approximate 37lbs heavy.

Any help or information about this dish is greatly appreciated. I would like to install a motor or an actuator that is compatible with my GBOX.

Thank You.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good pictures of the dish front and back may help.

The only ku motor I would recommend for a dish that heavy would be a Stab HH120. You would be at the upper weight limit with that Ku motor.

Your actual effective dish size is 1.2 meters. The extra 6 inches of dish is only there to keep the lnb form seeing the ground behind the dish. The extra 6 inches does not help with the signal from the satellite.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    el bandido,

Did some more research on the dish, and found two threads on the same subject and dish at Satelliteguys.us, there are some members who have basically the same dish and were trying to do the same thing as I want to do, one member recommends a Stab HH120 dish motor, but it seems that the dish is still to heavy for the motor. I was also glad to find a company that had very good detailed information about the exact dish (SKYWARE Gobal). My dish is called or designated as "Type 123 1.2 Meter Class 1 and II Antenna System" with factory Assembled AZ/EL Cap Mount.

So it looks like the dish will be permanent mount on the NPRM on cinder blocks and park for right now at 97W Galaxy 19 with an extra LNB pointed at 101W SES1.

Thanks for your help.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to agree with EB, only a stab will move it or you may have to revert to an actuator.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Researched the Stab motor and it is being sold only in Canada. The price is not too bad, but the shipping and handling my be a bit too much. I am sure that an actuator will do the job, the only problem seem to be in acquiring or making some sort of a bracket to adapt to the back of the dish in order to connect to the actuator arm. Have to do some more research' or come up with an idea of how to do this.

Thanks.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The HH120 is also sold by Rick Caylor.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.