Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Thanks for the comparison.

The ole adage.... you get what you pay for. For newbies, the customer support line will most likely be a beneficial enticement to purchase. Thus, the higher selling price of said item along with other incurred product costs is warranted. Assuming the vendor is selling a product that matches the advertised specs. Plus newbies not having to deal with overseas vendors and hassles.

For die hard testers, going over seas is an experience and many times an enjoyment to see what is different, comparable, hype, lower cost and/or new to what is being offered states side.

2. Thanks easily confused, ViP3R, Titanium thanked for this post
    Likes el bandido, Tron 2.0 liked this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I doubt the specs are accurate on any fta lnb or fta receiver because these so called specs are not independently verified. The specs are whatever the China manufacturer wants them to be OR what you want them to be. They will print anything you ask them to!

4. Thanks ViP3R, Titanium thanked for this post
    Likes easily confused liked this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yup.... just like the Kim Kardashian specs always being advertised. But, once you see her in reality, you wonder what all the hype was about.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    That heatsink sure does look sharp. How about we put it to the test in the Desert. Say somewhere near Vegas. Or the Mojave. Aluminum dishes are painted beige for a reason. If someone with access to a conventional lnb and this one can set them up in direct sunlight and then test the temperature with a laser thermometer I am dying to know what the difference is. We may have to wait a few months until the ideal conditions exist but I can't wait.

I made a solar cooker in 3rd grade for a class project. We used a foil lined umbrella and a tin pan in the center. Ours worked the best LOL.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

7. Thanks el bandido, easily confused thanked for this post
    Likes ViP3R, Tron 2.0, Titanium liked this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    I have spent some time using the C PLL lnb and find that it works about the same as the C2 PLL. More insulation has been added to the back of the heatsink in the C PLL lnb. How is an insulated heatsink supposed to do anything besides look impressive on the outside?
    The circuit board appears to be identical in both lnbs.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I find to date:
    Inverto does not offer any PLL lnb
    Invacom does not offer any PLL lnb
    Dishnet does not use pll lnbs, even the new model is a dro.
    Direct TV does not use pll lnbs

A commercial pll circuit board will not look anything like the circuit boards shown in this thread. The commercial pll lnb circuit board will have more parts on it.

I think the Titanium C2 PLL LNB is a good lnb overall, and wold last a long time under normal use, but I feel the price is a bit high. On the other hand, you have a Titanium customer support line which China does not offer.

Titanium may be ale to cut cost by offering the C2 PLL LNB in a plain box or by offering the lnb as a single piece in a plain box without any additional hardware. Many people will already have the scaler ring and other hardware, so nothing would be needed except the lnb. The C band dielectric is only needed for the East Coast in the U.S. If you want to compete directly with China, then do as China does. EB
    I would agree, the Titanium PLL LNBF has been a good half decent LNB for the time I used and experimented with it. The only one small negative I had that somehow insults Brian personally to the core, is that it's performance was half decent for me; I figured I could do better with something else. Last I checked, I thought had that right to do so, it's called "Experimentation" or "Research". Brian's products do not perform badly enough to warrant a return of everything I bought from him; despite his guilt trips in a seperate insulting unwelcome email that maybe I should. I intend to keep the LNBF'S in case I might need a backup or spare to get me by temporarily. I am currently experimenting with GeoSatPro LNBF'S on my C-Band dish for the past few months, and I posted a pic of it here on this forum. But since King Brian decided to take MY same pic and just post it on Sat Guys WITHOUT MY PERMISSION, I am now going to make some major commercial upgrades to my C-Band Dish very soon and just keep it to myself; making that stolen pic very much out of date. Brian, when you continually insult your customers, or potential customers intelligence you will make enemies in business very quickly indeed! For the record Brian, I set up my entire satellite system pretty much all by myself, I did not ask 'you' "hundreds of questions", and you did not help me with ALL of my projects, you have me confused with your other pal Dan Rose. :-) I only asked about one thing or subject, that got blown all out of proportion from everyone else being the sole "Expert". What exactly makes you the ONLY ONE correct Expert on anything?? Why can't anyone else ever have an input or solution or idea to something? Why MUST you always reply to everything to just put someone down and make them feel bad?? What exactly always makes you right, Brian? You just keep barking at it from every angle, I just don't get your screwed up Pride!! :-/ Do I have to remind you AGAIN of the years of experience I've had with small satellite dishes since 2001? I was never a clueless newbie coming into this hobby, give people the benefit of the doubt and credit, if your Pride will ever allow. You are turning people away from this hobby and killing it from the inside out as you upset and frustrate people.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

9. Thanks rrob311, el bandido, Costactc, easily confused thanked for this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would like Not to turn this thread into attack against the distributor or the developer because doing that usually ends bad for all involved as can be seen here:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

As a rule, anything posted on the internet can and will be reused by other people. This includes pictures. I have had many things that I have posted to be reused without my permission. You probably need to mark things are do something else to make them not useful if you do not want things to be reused.

I do not really know what all has gone on between you and Brian, but you are welcome to start a thread about it and explain everything in great detail if you desire. Yourself nor anybody else will not be censored as long as things are kept fairly reasonable. Overall, I am not happy about most things that have been posted about the c2 pll lnb, or any other cheap pll lnb because they simply do not perform anything like a correctly designed pll lnb. A correctly designed pll lnb will require more filters and circuits, which increases the cost of the product by a considerable margin. You will not just change the DRO to PLL and get much improved performance.

To give Brian his due, you have an address and a phone number where he may be contacted. This says a lot when compared to other sellers or distributors who seem to live in a PO Box and do not make enough money to own a telephone. I disagree with a lot of things in this thread, but it is rare to find someone that can participate in negative discussions about their product in a civil manner.

11. Thanks rrob311, ViP3R, Costactc, cpr43, easily confused thanked for this post
    Likes Titanium liked this post
  12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I apologize if anyone feels that I insult or attack anyone. I certainly love the industry, hobby and having conversations about the technology and entertainment that we are fortunate to enjoy. We learn and grow as hobbyists with experimentation and from communicating our successes and failures with each other. With 35+ years involvement in the satellite industry I have gained some knowledge, but am far from being an expert, let alone "the expert".

Tron 2.0, Where are your personal attacks coming from? I don't recall ever having any negative interactions with you before these recent posts. I never posted your photo on SatGuys, but I did reply to your thread on a different site to assist answering your LNBF question. Once again, I invite you to share any communications that we have ever had. This BS really needs to stop...

I agree with El Bandido's suggestion and would be happy to address in an open forum any issues that you might have with me.

Happy New Year everyone!

13. Thanks easily confused, el bandido, ViP3R thanked for this post
    Likes Costactc, cpr43 liked this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately, I won't have time to start any new threads any time soon for anything. So I'm having to just stay off the forums, especially since Bian is on every single one of them anyway. I will just continue to journey down my own path myself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

15. Thanks rrob311 thanked for this post
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456