Recently a friend of mine had his c band dish destroyed in an accident. He decided to loan me his C2PLL while he looks for a replacement dish. Much has been written about the C2PLL lnb by the manufacturer and by the people that are selling it. I will test and evaluate the C2PLL lnb as time permits, but have agreed to return the lnb when the owner has use for it again.

The C2PLL is advertised to weigh 10.1 ounces. At least 3 ounces of this weight is for the heat sink.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The C2PLL lnb weighs about the same or even a little bit less than other c band lnbs once the heavy heat sink has been removed.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The heavy heat sink is totally useless because it is not connected to anything. The big heat sink only covers a hole.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I have disassembled a lot of electronic equipment and my fair share of computers. This is the first time I can remember removing a heat sink that was not physically coupled or connected to something that needed the heat removed.
I find the C2PLL lnb case to be no better or worse than any of my other c band lnbs. The extra weight or Beef in the C2PLL lnb is in the form of a useless heat sink!