Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Thanks!! Love cheap boxes doing what others call "We're the best""
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I managed to figure out the info icon which is identical to the x2 premium and I also figured out how to name my satellites. A scan on the largest c band circular sat on the Atlantic side on an fta scan not all:

Ses 6-40.5w

TV: 130

RADIO: 47

TP: 96

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Costactc View Post
    Picked this one up on ebay for under $30 shipped:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Hey Costactc,

I just bought this box off of E-Bay a few weeks ago and it just arrived today from China. It's the newer 2015 version with a new Novatek 78211 CPU and Rafael Tuner that claims to be one of the most sensitive tuner that you can find anywhere; -10 to -81dbm. I'm interested to try this on my 1.2M C-Band motorized dish to see how well the channels come in. I figured it wouldn't be set up for the US market, so I planned to put everything in manually.
    I really appreciate you posting this thread! I'm glad to see such a small cheap little box works so well and it looks like it puts out a very nice picture!
    I might post my experiences on the newer box once I have a chance to take it out of the box and dig into it. I only get home for the weekends, otherwise I would be experimenting now with this. :-)
    Is this receiver still working pretty good for you? Have you tried recording with it?

4. Thanks cpr43, easily confused, Silverado5150, Costactc thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can you test different audio type? Recall rrob got one of this boxes and did have problems with AC3 dolby or AAC audio formats

6. Thanks easily confused thanked for this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ya that looks like the same one I purchased.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

8. Thanks cpr43, easily confused thanked for this post
    Likes cpr43 liked this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have one that I use outside for dish pointing. Mine doesn't play the AC3 audio like many others have learned. The scanning and picture quality is fine. I only paid $28 for it last Feb.

Anyone have a source for different firmware? I see no way in the menus to save a backup channel list or SW with the level in mine.

10. Thanks easily confused, cpr43 thanked for this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tron 2.0 View Post
    Hey Costactc,

I just bought this box off of E-Bay a few weeks ago and it just arrived today from China. It's the newer 2015 version with a new Novatek 78211 CPU and Rafael Tuner that claims to be one of the most sensitive tuner that you can find anywhere; -10 to -81dbm. I'm interested to try this on my 1.2M C-Band motorized dish to see how well the channels come in. I figured it wouldn't be set up for the US market, so I planned to put everything in manually.
    I really appreciate you posting this thread! I'm glad to see such a small cheap little box works so well and it looks like it puts out a very nice picture!
    I might post my experiences on the newer box once I have a chance to take it out of the box and dig into it. I only get home for the weekends, otherwise I would be experimenting now with this. :-)
    Is this receiver still working pretty good for you? Have you tried recording with it?
    I no longer am using this receiver. I have several lying around that I don't use. The only receivers I'm using are the ones below in my signature.

12. Thanks easily confused, cpr43 thanked for this post
    Likes Tron 2.0 liked this post
  13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The seller in China told me the receiver I bought has the latest FW, but wouldn't tell me where I could go to look for updates. I would guess that's classified information from the Chinese government. :-D

14. Likes el bandido liked this post
  15. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try any channel with AC3 audio and see if there is any audio at all!

16. Likes Tron 2.0 liked this post
  17. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting the newer models have a Novatek chipset. Mine is definitely Ali based according to the system info screens.

The first thing I did to mine was void the warranty by peeling off the plastic that covered the vent holes.

18. Likes Tron 2.0, rrob311 liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast