Thanks for the C2-PLL tear down. Good photos and noticing the typical thermal bonding to the mass. The board does get quite hot if it is not attached to the casting. In past design projects for earlier KU products, I measured a PLL PCB laying on the bench at 140F (in average 72 degree ambient room temperature).

The pad is recommended for RF control in the cavity by the RDA design specs and is found in most if not all LNBFs. We did not test without the pad inserted in the cavity as the frequency response and gain flatness was as spec'd and without harmonics.

Highly doubtful that a grooved, seated and fastened rubber seal betwen two flat plates will fail. This type of rubber seal is utilized by most LNB PCB cavity fastener seating for the past 30+ years. I have done residential and commercial install / tech calls since the early 80's and cant recall a failed rubber ring on a LNB PCB cavity. But if you are right, the C1-PLL has a lifetime warranty, moisture or water intrusion via the factory seal would be a covered event.

The reference to our LNBFs having a heavy casting is bin comparisson to the typical housing on an off-the-shelf LNBF. I really like the fact that the C1/C2-PLL feedhorn does not deform as easily when securing to a scalar as on many LNBF designs. I also selected this particular housing so the skew makings could be placed in alignment to the vertical probe and we could stamp +/-45 degrees instead of the typical +/-30 and often incorrectly referenced to the horizontal probe.

Thank you for the compliment! Always have been attentive to the port isolation. This comes from me working in the real world and not locked away in a lab. It used to be such a frustration at multi-receiver installs when the connection of two or more STBs to a dual output LNBF and they would interfere with each other and drop transponders.

Thanks again for your attention to this project! Would you like a C1-PLL or C1-PLL lite to test and compare?