Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Quote Originally Posted by rrob311 View Post
    Have you been able to get any other birds with that particular dish? Also, is the lnb you are using designed to work with that shape of a dish?
    A friend gave me the dish without a LNB, so I have never use it for FTA. I am using a Titanium PLL-1KS LNB and hopefully is compatible with this particular shape and design. I bought two LNB holders, which are of different height, one puts the LNB pointing above the top of the dish rim, the other seems to be pointing within the dish face surface. I do not know if this is good enough to work.

I am interested to know if anyone is using a Superdish with a non Dishnet LNB, and what type of LNB holder.

Thanks.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    There are many smart phone apps that can help you do a site assessment. These apps will show you where the satellites are located in the sky.
    I own a basic cell phone, so I depend on a compass and the Satfinder program to locate the satellites, it takes some work, but so far I have been lucky. I just don't know if my LNB, holder and dish are compatible.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    ..If I was in your situation, first I will find the sweet spot for the LNB / holder/ . Try with some easy bird- 95 w have strong transponders . . Is That lnb universal ot standart???

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is a Standard LNB, and you have a good advice in trying an easy bird.

Just went and scanned and found 91W Galaxy 17 while searching for 95W Galaxy 3C. I know that I was off by 4° but it verifies that the setup works as it is. So the Superdish with a Titanium PLL-1KS and a X2 Premium HD is a good working system.

Now I have to try and fight that tree to see if it will let me sneak a peek through it's branches and let me get to the 30W Hispasat 1D/1E.

Please, someone wish me luck.

Thanks.
    Last edited by ftanut; 10-26-2014 at 03:58 PM.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Relocated the dish to another part of the yard and was able to sneak through some of the tree branches, scanned one TP, the signal is weak but viewable, will have to see if I can tweak it in a little bit more.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was able to scanned a few more TPs, getting a signal quality reading of 46 to 52%, what would be a good average reading for this satellite.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Receivers always vary as to signal quality. 46-52% on an x2 is quite low but a channel is sustainable, 68-70% is what I used to get on the 11884 V tp on my x2 but that was with a much bigger dish. I applaud your effort.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Costactc View Post
    Receivers always vary as to signal quality. 46-52% on an x2 is quite low but a channel is sustainable, 68-70% is what I used to get on the 11884 V tp on my x2 but that was with a much bigger dish. I applaud your effort.
    1884V is one of the channels that. come in the strongest but it is still only about 52%. Well I think that at least I was able to get that much out of the Superdish.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12