Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    X2 (X-Square) Premium HD II - IPTV Help Request
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Hi, I want to know how to find (or capture) URLs that will work with the IPTV feature of this receiver. I know how to create the file, but can't seem to figure out how to get the URLs from the web pages needed to stream the content on this receiver. I mainly just want the streams for US channels, such as: 360 North, AMG TV, BYU TV Global, CMC (California Music Channel), Free Speech TV, George Mason University TV, Georgia State University TV, or any TV channels that would normally be OTA (antenna) channels. So far I was only able to get Miami TV to work. The only pre-made file I found was in XML format, but that doesn't work for this receiver, it is a TXT file. Any help or directions would be appreciated. THANKS!

The file format for tvurl.txt is:

TYPE:4
    TITLE:
    V_URL:
    P_URL:
    GEOSATpro HDVR3500 (Fortec Star 90cm dish/Ku-band LNBF: aimed at 97.0°W, Wave Frontier Toroidal Dish w/multiple Ku-band LNBFs, aimed at 91°W, 95°W, 105°W, 113°W, 121°W, 125°W - Mini BUD: Primestar/ChannelMaster dish/C-band LNBF: receiving 97.0°W & 99.0°W

Other Toys: Mac mini (Early 2009) w/OS X El Capitan 10.11.4 Public Beta 7, iPhone 4S 64GB w/iOS 9.3 Public Beta 7, iPad 2 64GB (Wi-Fi/3G) w/iOS 9.3 Public Beta 7, AppleTV (3rd Gen) w/Apple TV Software 7.2.1, OS Build Version 8.4.1

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some of the ota channels that you mentioned have most likely been posted on the internet in formats for players such as VLC etc. Some are posted in a txt, xml or m3u format. Open these files with an editor similar to Notepad++ or PsPad and extract the url and insert it in the X2 file format. Sometimes, but not always, you can search for the tv call letters and if they have a site on the net, they may have live feeds and it's just a matter of using some of the programs below to get the actual live url.

If you want to search your own urls, google Urlsnooper, Urlhelper or Coojah and follow the instructions. This will be a more time consuming project but beneficial in the long run.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply, I managed to get 20+ channels added, love this feature, especially for adding channels where their feeds are normally on C-band, since I don't have a C-band dish.
    GEOSATpro HDVR3500 (Fortec Star 90cm dish/Ku-band LNBF: aimed at 97.0°W, Wave Frontier Toroidal Dish w/multiple Ku-band LNBFs, aimed at 91°W, 95°W, 105°W, 113°W, 121°W, 125°W - Mini BUD: Primestar/ChannelMaster dish/C-band LNBF: receiving 97.0°W & 99.0°W

Other Toys: Mac mini (Early 2009) w/OS X El Capitan 10.11.4 Public Beta 7, iPhone 4S 64GB w/iOS 9.3 Public Beta 7, iPad 2 64GB (Wi-Fi/3G) w/iOS 9.3 Public Beta 7, AppleTV (3rd Gen) w/Apple TV Software 7.2.1, OS Build Version 8.4.1

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you were able to find them. Url stream hunting can get to be just as addictive as sat blind scanning and just as rewarding. Hope you enjoy the hobby!

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmitrh0429 View Post
    Thanks for the reply, I managed to get 20+ channels added, love this feature, especially for adding channels where their feeds are normally on C-band, since I don't have a C-band dish.

Congrats!! Glad you did it!! If you like you can share the list with us so others can add or delete channels and so on.
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you using an older version software? I thought that feature (custom URLs) got broke in the last firmware release for the X2 Premium II HD. Please correct me if I misunderstood.

DRCars

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm using the latest firmware from January 24, 2014, which I updated using the Upgrade & Backup menu, Upgrade by Network, set to FTP, Upgrade Type ALL, didn't change any other settings. I have it connected via Ethernet, seems to be more reliable than using the Wi-Fi, at least for me.

The IPTV function is a bit "flaky" but it does work, however it will sometimes lock up, especially if I try to navigate the menus too fast, so I have to unplug the receiver to reset. Also I have not been able to delete the unwanted IPTV channels that were already on the receiver when I purchased it, or remove any of the IPTV channels that I added.

For some strange reason this receiver has tripled in price since I purchased it, but I can't seem to find out if they have made any modifications to fix the "bugs" in the firmware/software.

Another thing I discovered was a "hidden" menu, . Don't know how they work, but they are there.
    Last edited by cpr43; 10-22-2014 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Non FTA allow talk

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    After several attempts, I finally figured out how to remove my custom IPTV list, but still can't remove those that came with the receiver. Also have my C-band small dish project working great at 99W.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm using the latest firmware from January 24, 2014, which I updated using the Upgrade & Backup menu, Upgrade by Network, set to FTP, Upgrade Type ALL, didn't change any other settings. I have it connected via Ethernet, seems to be more reliable than using the Wi-Fi, at least for me.

The IPTV function is a bit "flaky" but it does work, however it will sometimes lock up, especially if I try to navigate the menus too fast, so I have to unplug the receiver to reset. Also I have not been able to delete the unwanted IPTV channels that were already on the receiver when I purchased it, or remove any of the IPTV channels that I added.

For some strange reason this receiver has tripled in price since I purchased it, but I can't seem to find out if they have made any modifications to fix the "bugs" in the firmware/software.

Another thing I discovered was a "hidden" menu, . Don't know how they work, but they are there.
    Hidden menu is for hack iks which we do not condone here.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info, I had no idea what they were for, and I don't condone it either. I'm fairly new to this hobby, but finding it to be a great source of entertainment, and I also enjoy learning new things.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast