Hybrid View

1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nah, easy fixed, It sounds like the image could be corrupt if its not completing startup. If its going past boot then the bootloader is OK. Are you sure its a genuine box as the clone SHD-8900 i had a few years ago wouldn't install anything past a certain Kernal build. I had to stick with PKT Nebula as HDMU wouldn't install properly.

Find a suitable image and reflash it to the box. Don't worry about the clone bomb if your receiver is a clone. Its only the Spark image that has the clone bomb in it.

Get a decent USB stick, something like a Kingston or Sandisk brand, as the Alien SHD-8900 is quite fussy.

Format it under Windows (FAT32).

Download your image of choice and unzip/unRar it until you can access the Enigma 2 folder.

Copy the whole Enigma2 folder over to the usb stick. There can not be anything else on the usb stick, just the enigma2 folder and the files it contains. The folder should contain two files, one called E2jffs2 and one called uImage.

Once you have prepared the usb stick switch off the receiver at the rear switch and then put it in the rear usb port of the SHD-8900.

Now you need to read the attached PDF which is official Amiko guide.

When you see SUCC on the display it should be ready to use again

When the receiver restarts just follow the setup screen.

I could upload a good image but all mine are setup for Europe defaulting to PAL rather than NTSC so they would just make matters worse if you are unsure what you are doing.

Nano
    Attached Files Attached Files

Xtrend ET9500, 1m Gilbertini Dish with Fracarro 0.1db lnb, 75cm Visiosat BISAT G3a triple lnb dish, EMP Centauri IRS system, Technomate TM5402HD, AB Prismcube Ruby, Evo Xfinity Android, nBox 5800s & Amiko Alien 2