1. Collapse Details
    Help with Amiko SHD-8900
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Hello,Can somebody please help,my friend bought this model ,AMIKO_SHD-8900,and he was sh----g,now he stop sh----g, what can he do? because when he conact to TV it shows no signal. Can somebody understand this? thks

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just need to get my head round what you are asking. Is the TV showing no signal or is the box reporting no signal from the satellite dish?
    I am very familiar with this box so i can probably help you out providing i know exactly what difficulties you are having with it.

Nano

Xtrend ET9500, 1m Gilbertini Dish with Fracarro 0.1db lnb, 75cm Visiosat BISAT G3a triple lnb dish, EMP Centauri IRS system, Technomate TM5402HD, AB Prismcube Ruby, Evo Xfinity Android, nBox 5800s & Amiko Alien 2

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Nano, thanks for your respond, To explain more in detial. My friend bought this model ,AMIKO_SHD-8900 from a sat shop, he bought it without the dish,He was working by sh-----g,connect to internet. After one year he stopped sh-----g so he can't see nothing, I know that you need the dish. My questions are, 1- you need a special dish for this model or any dish is good? (on humax dish deos it work?).
    2- If you need to programm this model, how, because I

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for my mistake, because I newly for this model, thankyou

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The receiver will work with almost any dish you connect it to providing it has a compatible lnb on it and is pointing at the correct satellite from which you wish to view programming from.

You will need ascertain which satellite the dish is pointing to and then set the receiver up to suit.

The receiver will still work without a subscription but you will only be able to view FTA broadcasts. If you wish to view encrypted content you will need to buy another subscription.

I mostly use mine under PKT Hyperion Enigma 2 as i think Spark is a waste of time.

This guide is for Enigma not Spark.

To get into the search menu.

press menu -> setup -> system searching -> Tuner configuration

Select the tuner, set as simple -> single satellite -> select which ever satellite your dish is pointing at (Mine is Astra 2 @ 28.2e)

You then need to come out of that menu and do a scan

press menu -> setup -> system searching

Set type of scan to Single satellite

Network Scan to yes

Clear before Scan to yes

If you only want free to air stuff select Yes on only free scan.

Do a scan. Once thats done

If you press up and then the Green button you should see what sats you have scanned in.

Select a channel and your done.

Pics are from both my SHD-8900 and my Alien 2 but they show more or less the same info.

Nano
    Attached Images Attached Images

Xtrend ET9500, 1m Gilbertini Dish with Fracarro 0.1db lnb, 75cm Visiosat BISAT G3a triple lnb dish, EMP Centauri IRS system, Technomate TM5402HD, AB Prismcube Ruby, Evo Xfinity Android, nBox 5800s & Amiko Alien 2

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your receiver should work with any type of dish and you would need the latest file. If I'm understanding correctly, your receiver isn't working at all. If so, you should return it to the sat shop where it was purchased as it sounds like a jtag may be required or factory file loaded via cable using rs232 on the back of your receiver.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Costactc, when I connect it to tv with motorise dish, still no signal. When switch on the STB it display like this, BOOT-LOAD-RUN-hdnu and stopped and when press NENU on remote, showes RETE, and still no signal on tv. What think of this please. thanks

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not familiar with that receiver but it sounds like you may need to load bootloader with the cable. You will need to find the loader and proper file. You may find what you need here:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nah, easy fixed, It sounds like the image could be corrupt if its not completing startup. If its going past boot then the bootloader is OK. Are you sure its a genuine box as the clone SHD-8900 i had a few years ago wouldn't install anything past a certain Kernal build. I had to stick with PKT Nebula as HDMU wouldn't install properly.

Find a suitable image and reflash it to the box. Don't worry about the clone bomb if your receiver is a clone. Its only the Spark image that has the clone bomb in it.

Get a decent USB stick, something like a Kingston or Sandisk brand, as the Alien SHD-8900 is quite fussy.

Format it under Windows (FAT32).

Download your image of choice and unzip/unRar it until you can access the Enigma 2 folder.

Copy the whole Enigma2 folder over to the usb stick. There can not be anything else on the usb stick, just the enigma2 folder and the files it contains. The folder should contain two files, one called E2jffs2 and one called uImage.

Once you have prepared the usb stick switch off the receiver at the rear switch and then put it in the rear usb port of the SHD-8900.

Now you need to read the attached PDF which is official Amiko guide.

When you see SUCC on the display it should be ready to use again

When the receiver restarts just follow the setup screen.

I could upload a good image but all mine are setup for Europe defaulting to PAL rather than NTSC so they would just make matters worse if you are unsure what you are doing.

Nano
    Attached Files Attached Files