Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Arc Extension
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    My 10' Channel Master bud is presently arcing from 11-127w. I use my 8' Fortec solid for the circular sats from 11-53w so the fact that I cannot scan sats from 131-139 west is a waste for me. I plan to loosen the main clamp on my actuator and push it up about 1/2" and add an additional part of steel to where the the main actuator is attached to the dish. The latter will ensure that the motor and dish do not meet when I am nearing the end of my arc.

I will be doing this with my good neighbour Lexmark tomorrow morning. As long as my arc starts at approximately 31.5w, where the first linear c band sat is located, then I will be able to extend it past the present 127w to accomodate those 5 sats from 131-139.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cool! Don't forget to post some pictures.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent idea and I am jealous because I have the room to swing the dish but I am too low to see past the trees. I have a filtered view of 131 and that's it.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a no brainer as my 8' solid is being used exclusively for those circular sats. Will be nice to finally scan in those last 5 sats on the American arc.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    All done. My new arc is now 20-139w. I could move the actuator clamp slightly down if I wanted to get back to Express AM44 at 11w but that circular sat is covered with my dedicated circular 8' solid. I will post pics of the newly scanned in sats, for the moment I will have to redo all my positioner positions:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks good Costa, enjoy the arc!

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looking good, bud.
    Optibox Anaconda, X2, OpenBox-S9, CS8000 and 2 X CW700S, 7 1/2' Perfect Ten scanning 55W to 139W C Band and a 39" Q-Sat scanning 30W to 125W Ku Band

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I ran into a small hiccup after scanning in 135w, my dish flopped. My son helped get the motor and dish back on track. I attached a piece of wood, as advised by Lexmark, to prevent future flops. I also moved the actuator clamp slightly higher but I can only get to 135w. I'm going to store my sat positions once again but me thinks I'm going to have to put the actuator on the other side. Here are a couple of pics showing how close the motor arm is and how close the dish is to dropping again:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Probably will take some experimenting to find the sweet spot for that particular actuator.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure if I place the actuator on the west side that 139w will be no issue but I'm not quite sure how much of the east side I will lose, no biggee.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast