Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Quote Originally Posted by Marv View Post
    Thought I posted earlier, But must have screwed it up and didn't post. I didn't have any luck with the Oct. firmware. There was no text file with it as to what the fixes might be. Going to set it on the shelf and wait for the next update.
    Can you post detailed results?? There were 2 releases in Oct, did you load latest oct 16?? Oct 16 did have releases notes as to fix the motor issues

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    He has already posted detailed results in the other thread. Does he need to repeat his results here?
    Either the motor works correctly or it does not. A positioner or ku diseqc motor is Not needed to replicate some of the problems he has described. You may check the diseqc 1.2 issues for yourself to see if they are fixed.

Firmware should have id numbers. It really helps to tell us what the firmware id is that you have loaded rather than referring to it as the last or latest firmware.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    If he give us some inputs as with the new release we can feed back X2. Have no idea what have he found on the new one. No need to repeat. We're humans , only computers and electronic devices repeat their self, Sorry , I need inputs to feed the source!

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't know there were two firmware releases. The one I installesd was X2-Premium-lll-SW-16oct-2014. The problems I had were after programing 3 or 4 C band sats. And assigning location numbers 1-4 then going back to the position menu all had reset to 0. Also had problems locking up on boot. Would boot up to just a few dashed lines on display, With a blank screen. Never even showed splash screen. After several hard boots finally got a message on my hd monitor Can't display this format. So I connected a portable composite monitor to it and was able to see a partial screen. with a little guess work I got into the av output settings was able to cycle through the resolution settings didn't help.. I only seen 50 hz. settings there no 60. Was able to find my way into the
    database reset and reset it on reboot it all came back. By that time I had a headache so gave it up. lol.....

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't know there were two firmware releases. The one I installesd was X2-Premium-lll-SW-16oct-2014. The problems I had were after programing 3 or 4 C band sats. And assigning location numbers 1-4 then going back to the position menu all had reset to 0. Also had problems locking up on boot. Would boot up to just a few dashed lines on display, With a blank screen. Never even showed splash screen. After several hard boots finally got a message on my hd monitor Can't display this format. So I connected a portable composite monitor to it and was able to see a partial screen. with a little guess work I got into the av output settings was able to cycle through the resolution settings didn't help.. I only seen 50 hz. settings there no 60. Was able to find my way into the
    database reset and reset it on reboot it all came back. By that time I had a headache so gave it up. lol.....
    Hello Marv
    Way to many issues with your box. Haven't experienced any of those issues. How do you load the Oct 16 file?? USB or Internet Update??? Try doing an Internet Update and do a Factory reset after loading to see if some of the problems goes away. Unplug the power cord for a few seconds and plug back. Try all over again and see. Meanwhile I'll forward your inputs to X2. Let us know results.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I reloaded The firmware tonight using live update. One improvement I did find was that I can now connect to the net as before I couldn't. No more time right now but first chance I get I'll program 3 or 4 Cband sats and let you know how it goes.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Spent more time on this tonight and this is what I came up with. When I assign a few numbers I have to exit the motor menu and go into the Dish Settings menu and change to a different satellite, Then when I go go back into the motor menu, Then the correct position number shows up. But by going to the top Satellite menu in the Motor Settings menu and toggle to different satellites it does not display the imformation for the sat. that you toggled to. This seems strange to me. Another thing I noticed is that even with the Transparency settings turned off the channel list menu appears that it is at about 50% transparancy?

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Spent more time on this tonight and this is what I came up with. When I assign a few numbers I have to exit the motor menu and go into the Dish Settings menu and change to a different satellite, Then when I go go back into the motor menu, Then the correct position number shows up. But by going to the top Satellite menu in the Motor Settings menu and toggle to different satellites it does not display the imformation for the sat. that you toggled to. This seems strange to me. Another thing I noticed is that even with the Transparency settings turned off the channel list menu appears that it is at about 50% transparancy?
    New inputs forwarded to X2, Thanks

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not much luck so far with the Nov. Firmware. Attempted to scan in a couple of C band sats. I don't get any signal when going through a swich I tried 4 different swiches and different ports. Do get signal when the switch is bypassed. But the quality is some what irratic. I checked my cables and connections there wasn't any problem there. I disonnected the lNB cable from the Permium lll And connected it to my Premium ll and everything works normal. The LNB and LNB power settings are correct. This doesn't leave much to test. I have to assume that the tuner is weak enough that the signal loss from the switch is enough to kill the signal completly. Would be nice if someone else could verify the problem. At this point I have to think that my problems go deeper than firmware.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    This weekend I'll reinstall the Oct. Firmware and see if the switch problem disapears..

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast