Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    What you have experienced is not ussual with any stb. I should recommend to pack it up and send it back for a replacement, something is wrong
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Marv View Post
    Well after being up untill 2:30 this morning without any luck today I thought I would try to do something with the KU side. So I set up the usals and entered the lnb type entered my long. &Lat. set my port and scanned AMC1 sat. came up with no program found. Took a look at the dish an it had moved so rebooted and tried again. This time it scanned the two Huntington beach channels. But when I tried to look at them I got a no signal flag. So thought I would try and tweak the dish a little by changing the motor to diseqc 1.2 When I bumped the dish to the west it went to the east and when went east it went west. Now I thought maybe I had a motor Problem So hooked an old S9 I had and tested with that. Everything worked as it should. I went ahead and re-scanned AMC1 and got the Huntington channels at S=85 Q=73. Then I disabled the Motor so It coudn't move. Booted the X2 lll and disabled the motor control in that. re checked my settings and shut it off with the main switch. coneected my lnb cable back to the set and booted. I rescanned AMC1. It scanned the channels but when I tried to view them I got a no signal flag.
    Went back to the dish setup menu and at the according to the signal meter I had a S at 90 and a Q at75. Got out of the menu and but still no signal when I tried to view the channels. Went back to the setup window and now there was no signal showing at all. So I give up. I also could never get to the internet . No Youtube no nothing. I was able to connect one time and do the upgrade. Also when I was in the System Information window I can click on the red Auto Genuine Button and it does connect and tell me My Device Is Genuine. This is the same with hard wired or wifi connection. I thought maybe the firmware I loaded from the net was corrupted so went back to Legit and downloaded from there and installed it but made no difference I'll post a screenshot od the sys info file maybe someone can take a look and see if something shows up there. When I received the box it hade a slight bulge on the top, Maybe be something Exploded in there huh? LOL....
    How is this X2 receiver being connected to your antenna system? Are you replacing a receiver that is working or have you added this X2 receiver to an antenna system that has other fta receivers connected to it?
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have only this box connected to the system. The second test box is on the same system. All I do is swap the lnb input from one to the other . The rest box is an s9 and works with no issues. I have had several boxes over the years. Fortec, Pansat , Sonicview S9 , S10 and others. I've Worked with satellite for over 20 years so I'm not a novice. This is then first box I've had so many problems with. Just thought maybe someone had an answer. I've connected this box directly to the system bypassing the switch. I can't pull my hair out beause I have none left LOL. Guess I will take Carlospr43's advice and see about getting it replaced. Thanks for the comment, But I think I have covered all the bases.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I ask you the same questions I would ask myself. Always start at the lowest point or most basic stuff and then work towards things that are more complicated. Many times people will add things to the antenna system, thinking everything is correct when it is not. Having seen this several times makes me ask basic questions when there is a problem.

I do not have a premium 3 receiver, but would expect it to work with diseqc motor or positioner. Maybe some that do have the Premium 3 will test it with a positiner and USALS motor to make sure that the issues you have are not firmware related. It would be bad to send it back only to receive another that has the same issues. If the premium 3 works fine receiving a single satellite when connected straight to the dish antenna, and without using any diseqc 1.2 or USALS commands, or any switch commands, then I would suspect that the hardware is OK and the firmware is bad.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd offer to check, but can't until I get my RC problem resolved.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    El bandido, I didn't mean to offend you. I just wanted you to know I wasn't a newbe. I ask myself the same questions you ask me. Infact several times. The only problem is I have no answers LOL. I requested an RMA today but I'l l hold off returing it untill maybe Eastofill has a chance to run some tests. The last thing I want to do is return the box. I done another reset on it to night and programed in a couple of ku sats. The cable is connected directly to the HH Motor. The Motor is working fine I just tested it with my S9. One thing I did notice is after scanning AMC1 I went in and disabled the motor so I could test scan the S9 without the motor moving. After disabling the motor I exited out of the menu back to the channel screen my singnal dropped completly out.. So went back in and turnd the moter back on and the signal returned.. Quit for tonight will try and run more tests tomarrow.. Thanks for the input.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    No offense taken!

Don't know what to now suggest because it may be a while before East gets his straightened out.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will hook my unit up today on ku band using diseqc and test it out.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hooked my x2 III up to my 4' ku dish. I started at Amc 6 at 72w and inserted all the necessary info and a blind scan came up empty. I manually entered the NBC mux info and scanned it in without any issues however a susequent blind scan came up empty again. I attempted to move the dish to SB at 78w and it did that flawlessly but still no channels on a blind scan and even the TVO tp yields no signal. I exited out and in a few seconds the dish moved back to Amc 6. I will add all my American arc ku sats later on and report back.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've gotten to Ses 2 at 87w and the dish is moving flawlessly in between sats. The only issue I'm having is that blind scan on ku with a universal lnbf doesn't work if you change the default scan from 10700-12750 to 11700-12200. However, it does do a fast blind scan if you just leave it at the default scan setting.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast