Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    C2WPLL C-band LNBF
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I've been waiting a while for the dual feed was available. I just ordered one to test and see if it can compete with my other feeds, just want to make sure that I have the most reliable lnbf before winter comes:

The C2PLL™ Phase Lock Loop C-band series of two output LNBF technology provides exceptional reception of weak satellite signals and the most demanding high FEC S2 channels. The wideband version, the C2WPLL™ covers the entire 3.4 to 4.2GHz C-band range. Designed to meet the requirements for light commercial applications and the most demanding satellite hobbyist, it is cost-effective, high quality and professional grade. The C2W-PLL™ polarity is voltage switched independently on both outputs for receiving horizontal / vertical linear or right / left circular (with the included dielectric slab). It includes a flat scaler designed for prime focus dish types and fits the industry standard 68mm scalar mounts and the optional Titanium conical scalar for offset type dishes.

Regular LNBFs typically provide reliable performance for five to seven years. DRO type LNBFs lose performance over time as the mechanically tuned frequency slowly drifts until one day, the receiver is no longer capable of tuning the satellite channels. PLL LNBFs do not rely on a mechanical tuning slug that may shift off frequency due to physical damage or aging. PLL LNBFs have a crystal oscillator that will remain tuned exactly on frequency. The C2W-PLL frequency is +/-50KHz and typically the operational drift to be within +/- 10KHz.

The heavy aluminum casting, snow white poly coating and cooling fins assist with keeping the C2WPLL operational temperature low and running cool. These thermal control features increase the C2W-PLL performance and stability, insuring many years of reliable service.

Titanium Satellite provides a Lifetime Warranty on the C2W-PLL against frequency drift! If you are not completely satisfied with the performance of the Titanium C2PLL™ series of LNBFs, we will promptly refund your purchase!

C2W-PLL Specifications

Number of Outputs 2
    RF Input 3.4 - 4.2GHz
    IF Output 950 - 1450MHz
    L.O. Frequency 5150MHz
    Noise Figure 15°K (typical)
    Gain 65dB (typical)
    Stability 50KHz (typical)
    Cross Pol Iso 20dB (typical)
    Image Rejection 45dB (typical)
    Phase Noise -85dBc@10KHz (min)
    Polarity Switch V: 11.5 - 14vdc
    H: 16 - 20vdc
    Input VSWR 2.1:1 (max)
    Output VSWR 2.0:1 (max)
    Operation Temp -22 to 140°F
    Storage Temp -40 to 160°F

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered one yesterday. Hope to have it by the weekend. Hope it will improve the reception on my 6 footer. I f it helps there I'm going to get a second one for my 12 footer. Like you I want to ge them installed before the weather turns bad. the one on my 12 footer is about 5 years old, So it's time for a replacement.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just going to do a comparison to see which feed provides the best overall signal quality across the arc. This test will include 3 feeds:

bsc422(presently on my dish and has been for 2 years)

psi x-2

c2wpll

I was going to throw the esx 242 into the mix as well but the only place I could find one has closed its doors. The single pll that I tested on my 8' dish was better on some satellites but outright dreadful on others.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The lnb conatins the actual antenna, while the dish is just a reflector.
    You will not find two antennas that perform exactly the same unless a lot of time and effort is spent on making them. It is very common for an antenna to perform better at one part or segment of a band while not doing as well on another.

For the most part, FTA lnbs are made from cheap materials, and the actual production cost may be as low as one dollar. Almost all of these lnbs are made in China and the tolerances of these lnbs are not closely monitored. You cannot expect much for that price.

You can take 10 of these cheap lnbs and get 10 different reports on signal strength and performance. Read the specs on these lnbs and you will usually see the word "typical" at least once.

The professional lnb makers tell us that a PLL lnb will not help or make much difference for the majority of the signals we receive. (See attached .pdf)
    The people that are selling the PLL lnbs are claiming what appears to be highly exaggerated performance over a dro lnb. I look forward to seeing some other tests comments from somebody besides a seller.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to agree with you entirely EB, however I have found the norm when scanning ku sats. Signal quality on ku sats always varies but I haven't found that to be the norm on c band sats. I have tested many feeds, including professional ones like a chapparal corotor with norsat lnb's, and I have found them extremely similar on c band. Thus far the esx 242 has been the best and I still don't understand why I ever removed it. I will select 5 sats and do the comparison with all 3.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have chosen 5 satellites and 1 tp per sat to carry out this test. I will be using the azbox ultra outdoors as its signal quality meter is the best of the lot that I have:

Intelsat 805-55.5w
    4095 H 1360
    VHSA

Amc 9-83w
    3804 V 4167
    PA Cable

Galaxy 16-99w
    3900 V 27997
    DodNews

Eutelsat 113w
    3744 V 2893
    TV Cuatro

Galaxy 23-121w
    3750 V 14029
    Sports Time Ohio

I have already recorded the findings with my bsc422 but will redo it when I have the other 2 feeds.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    A small gain or loss of about 1db in snr in testing would not bother me too much. What would really be important to me is how well the two input ports on the lnb are isolated. I noticed input problems with several c band lnbs including the ESX242. Switching channels with different H,V polarities on one receiver would effect the other receiver, and the same for trying to scan both receivers at once. I found a Pauxis with separate H and V ports which solved my receiver H,V switching issues. The Pauxis lnb has worked well for a long time and I am in no hurry to remove it. As far as signal performance, there is not much to be gained in changing lnbs. The best way to get more signal is to use a bigger or better reflector.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    A small gain or loss of about 1db in snr in testing would not bother me too much. What would really be important to me is how well the two input ports on the lnb are isolated. I noticed input problems with several c band lnbs including the ESX242. Switching channels with different H,V polarities on one receiver would effect the other receiver, and the same for trying to scan both receivers at once. I found a Pauxis with separate H and V ports which solved my receiver H,V switching issues. The Pauxis lnb has worked well for a long time and I am in no hurry to remove it. As far as signal performance, there is not much to be gained in changing lnbs. The best way to get more signal is to use a bigger or better reflector.
    Which model Pauxis are you using?

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Pauxis thread is here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

My opinions on how Titanium has tried to fool us on the pll lnb are here in these two threads:

Lnbs consist of a single dipole antenna, or one dipole for each polarity. They also contain a converter to change the receiver frequency to a lower frequency. The frequency conversion allows us to run smaller feed lines or coax. A lnb also has an amplifier to hold the signal up as it travels down the small feed line.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I started to order one of the C2WPLL lnbs but I stopped when I saw that the total price with shipping included was over $70.00 U.S.

Then I noticed some of the specs seemed to be taken from Fantasy Land. The C2WPLL has an advertised noise figure of 15K (Noise Figure 15°K (typical) ). I think this equates to about a .2db Noise Figure. Funny that I seem to remember Brian Gohl complaining about ku lnbs advertising a .1 db Noise Figure, and mentioning how unrealistic that was. A Noise Figure of .2db is as unrealistic as .1db!
    I looked at a few Norsat lnbs and they have a bit more realistic noise figure of 20-30K instead of the unrealistic 15K that Brian advertises.
    It is obvious that the specs for the C2WPLL lnb have not been tested or verified by a reputable laboratory. The word "Typical" is used several times in the specs. Lol

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast