Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
OpenVix is Enigma2 which is open source. I do not know how open source material can be ripped or stolen.
its not the software we are talking about here but the name ViX, which in this context has been carefully thought out and chosen to insinuate that its a full blown, 100 percent officially supported ViX image.

If they would have called the image by another name, then people would be saying that OpenVix did not get credit.
I dont agree with that, 90 percent of the OE-Alliance based images and a good few that are none OE-Alliance affiliated, are in some degree based on ViX, some way more than others. ATV for example is a 100 percent clone of the ViX core which they then build their image ontop of, same as at least half a dozen others do, but none of them has the word ViX in their title.

OpenATV admits to supping the sh4, so it makes me curios as to why go to the trouble to create the VIX sh4 image?
Because users see ViX in the name and buy hardware from him assuming that they are getting a fully supported ViX image, which they are not. They chose to steal the ViX name for no other reason than to make them selves more money from unsuspecting users who they can palm these in my opinion substandard receivers onto.

As I said earlier this is not about what their image is based on, its about them using the ViX name in such a way that users wrongly assume we are affiliated with them. I mean come on their image reads ViX for E2, and ViX for SH4, if thats not a ploy to claim they are real ViX images I dont know what is.