Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post

I would agree though that Lavatronics is a shady operation at best, and Amiko in general seems to like those kind of people.
    I see it quite differently my self. It's not that Amiko like those kinds of retailers it's more a case of they are the only ones who will do buisness with Amiko.

The Amiko brand are akin to the Chinese clones in that they are cheap and fail very easily. No serious retailer can deal with such a product from a warranty standpoint. Where as companies like lavatronics don't generally honour warranties so don't really care about the high failure rate.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale-Rider View Post
    I see it quite differently my self. It's not that Amiko like those kinds of retailers it's more a case of they are the only ones who will do buisness with Amiko.

The Amiko brand are akin to the Chinese clones in that they are cheap and fail very easily. No serious retailer can deal with such a product from a warranty standpoint. Where as companies like lavatronics don't generally honour warranties so don't really care about the high failure rate.

WoS did briefly sell some Amiko receivers including the Alien but cancelled his order with them due to the exceptionally high failure rate out of the carton before customers even got a chance to break them.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lavatronics is not on trial here, but the image that has been released at their website is.
    You do not have to like or dislike a company or a person to use their E2 image.

I would agree though that Lavatronics is a shady operation at best, and Amiko in general seems to like those kind of people. Still I see no reason to beat up a E2 image just because the company that is hosting it is crap. EB
    I see your point el bandito but with myself being an ex Vix Beta Tester it does become rather nauseating when friends hardwork gets ripped off for personnal gain. Anyway i finished bitching about Lavatronics a while ago so its best not to bring it all up again.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Nano

Xtrend ET9500, 1m Gilbertini Dish with Fracarro 0.1db lnb, 75cm Visiosat BISAT G3a triple lnb dish, EMP Centauri IRS system, Technomate TM5402HD, AB Prismcube Ruby, Evo Xfinity Android, nBox 5800s & Amiko Alien 2

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    OpenVix is Enigma2 which is open source. I do not know how open source material can be ripped or stolen. If they would have called the image by another name, then people would be saying that OpenVix did not get credit. OpenATV admits to supping the sh4, so it makes me curios as to why go to the trouble to create the VIX sh4 image?

At any rate, the E2 Image by OpenATV seems to be much better than the Lavatronics Vix image. I will try to test both of them again as time permits because several updates to both images has taken place.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    OpenVix is Enigma2 which is open source. I do not know how open source material can be ripped or stolen.
    its not the software we are talking about here but the name ViX, which in this context has been carefully thought out and chosen to insinuate that its a full blown, 100 percent officially supported ViX image.

If they would have called the image by another name, then people would be saying that OpenVix did not get credit.
    I dont agree with that, 90 percent of the OE-Alliance based images and a good few that are none OE-Alliance affiliated, are in some degree based on ViX, some way more than others. ATV for example is a 100 percent clone of the ViX core which they then build their image ontop of, same as at least half a dozen others do, but none of them has the word ViX in their title.

OpenATV admits to supping the sh4, so it makes me curios as to why go to the trouble to create the VIX sh4 image?
    Because users see ViX in the name and buy hardware from him assuming that they are getting a fully supported ViX image, which they are not. They chose to steal the ViX name for no other reason than to make them selves more money from unsuspecting users who they can palm these in my opinion substandard receivers onto.

As I said earlier this is not about what their image is based on, its about them using the ViX name in such a way that users wrongly assume we are affiliated with them. I mean come on their image reads ViX for E2, and ViX for SH4, if thats not a ploy to claim they are real ViX images I dont know what is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12