Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    at a later time they said there will be a app created to get back the north american sat files, don't know how long I am willing to wait. probably will return it.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMO, you should have never had to pay much for it because it is a beta receiver. This explains why they were not for sale in the UK.
    The regular production receivers will look slightly different on the outside, and may/may not have the same software problems. Can't help but wonder what happened to all the testing that supposedly went into the A3 for North America along with the claim of A3 having a working 4:2:2 video?
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    you're right, the a3 should have been priced maybe between 125.00-160.00, being that the blind scan is software based and actually is not that bad considering, but it does miss some transponders like on 116w c band.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by solrackm View Post
    you're right, the a3 should have been priced maybe between 125.00-160.00, being that the blind scan is software based and actually is not that bad considering, but it does miss some transponders like on 116w c band.
    Sorry to hear you had a surge solrackm.... I would just send it back and let them handle the reload for free or they can keep it. I have all my units and PC's on UPS's (universal power supply) that automatically kick in when ever the power goes off and filters any brown outs or power spikes. Learned the hard way too when I lost electronics due to a 2 second outage.

I agree on the price structure you mentioned and it is over priced even though the Android section has tons of apps which I haven't even explored yet. I tried hooking up a usb hub and it was not recognized, tried three others and found one that worked. So, now I don't have to keep plugging the usb sticks in the back port. I was going to get a 2.5 drive for it, but I think I'll wait to see how much use I get from the receiver.

Hope you get yours resolved soon.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just tuned in PBS News Hour on HD01 - 125º and can honestly say the HD image is way too soft and lacks detail compared to other receivers I have tested.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    They may solve the soft image with a firmware update.

Please check the action apps I mentioned earlier when you have time. Thanks.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see there is a VLC player for android. I wonder if it could play 4:2:2 video on the A3?
    6ft Solid w/NS741 C/KU LNBF Openbox s9, 1M Channel Master w/Avenger 321 Openbox x3

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most of my enigma2 receivers have the option for VLC plugin. You cannot use VLC to make the receiver decode the 4:2:2 video Unless the chipset in the receiver can decode 4:2:2. This video mode will turn out to be an opium pipe dream for the A3.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eastof111 View Post
    Just tuned in PBS News Hour on HD01 - 125º and can honestly say the HD image is way too soft and lacks detail compared to other receivers I have tested.
    I forgot to mention the picture quality, it is way to soft.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mountaineer......
    "There is no backup app to save to usb or anything."

Have you tried a loading any backup programs from the Google app store to see if they are compatible?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast