1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim S. View Post
    I'm curious as to whether the A3 fixes these longstanding A1/A2 bugs:

1) Timer recordings fail if the dish isn't already parked on the satellite to be recorded.
    2) Radio channels cannot be streamed from the web interface (locks up when trying).
    3) Android remote-access app doesn't even offer access to radio stations.
    4) Box sometimes fails with nothing but an "ERROR" message when channel-surfing a long channel list, requiring a complete powerdown to receive any signal thereafter.
    Haven't had too much time to test much more on this receiver. Waiting for a more stable release that fixes the blind scanning and other glitches before I spend more time with it. I was contemplating streaming to my Nexus, but just haven't gotten around to it. My one test was to take the Nexus to the library and use their wifi to test the streaming function. I still have plans to test XBMC and compare it to my PC speed wise and performance.

Haven't tried items 1 to 3 yet.
    Haven't had any problems with item 4.

Maybe I was lucky, but the only one time reboot I've had with this receiver was with the original firmware. Considering it's a new receiver with beta software, I still like it very much and enjoy testing it whenever I have free time. If support continues, I think it could be a very enjoyable receiver to have in your stable. But as usual, at the end of the day, I always return to my Duo² to test.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anymore information on the A3? I notice the price has already dropped on it here, and A3 sales seem to be flat in Europe. Looks like 4:2:2 and ATSC never got added either. Some people will say anything when they are trying to sell you something.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haven't gotten around to loading the latest firmware yet. I haven't read too many more complaints in the U.S., especially for a beta receiver.

Seems people in Euro that bought the receiver haven't many complaints either. Sab has brought out their version for the Holland/Sweden/Norway market. The prices there haven't lowered as much as U.S.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fired up the A3 to upgrade the firmware. Since I hadn't used it for quite a while, I had to get acclimated with the gui again. After editing some channels using the keyboard and RC, I was able to feel comfortable with the gui.

Updated to the NA 67 ROM and everything went smoothly with the upgrade and then surfed the menus to see some of the changes. I then checked out XBMC using the wifi connection and I was able to watch i24 News without a hitch.

Rescanned Galaxy 19 at 97°W and it found the new mux at 3940 H 30000 without a problem. It also found the CBS feed at 4080 V 29856, but the video was digitized with a vertical bar and the audio had a loud hum. I scanned this same transponder with the Duo2 and it locked in the transponder but did not display any video or audio.

Did a backup with the new firmware and then tried restoring it. During the boot up process it got stuck and displayed Android... starting all applications with the progress circle frozen. Shut the a/c off and then rebooted and got stuck again. Shut off again and rebooted and everything seems to be working normally.

When I have more time, I will try re-scanning some more sats and play more with XBMC and the Android section.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    How good is the fta receiver? Does it blindscan all the radio channels on 139W and 103W Ku? How good would the A3 be if Android was not included?
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Had some free time today and did a scan of 11719 H 1085 at 103° and it found 258 channels. Moved the bud to 139° and it scanned in 2046 channels. See pixs.

My impression so far of the receiver is the following:

The gui can be initially very annoying for some users, while others may find it as a nice change or better than those of other stbs. The graphics are good, but could be improved. Picture quality display is very good and much improved over the old firmware. The menu layout and flow could and should be tweaked.

The webif needs work in regards to grabbing pictures and the ftp server needs auto start. The remote control will be a major plus for many people and a minus for others. I do like the feature of charging by usb. Access to a keyboard is another nice touch which facilitates channel and sat editing. With XBMC and wifi I can watch live streaming of i24 news with no hiccups. Haven't checked if they tweaked the lan connection.

Just be aware that the receiver is more like a computer and that may cause problems for some people if they don't read directions.

If buying just for fta go with the X2, but if you're buying to have fta and more versatility, i.e., media center, streaming center, server, dlna, xbmc, pvr, access to many, many android applications etc, buy it. But to me it is an all around fun receiver to test; similar to the enigma2 plugins and options. The more bugs that get ironed out with new firmware releases, the more I am enjoying the receiver. Is it perfect? No, but neither is anything else available out there.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is the XBMC mean like IPTV??

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very similar.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456