Threaded View

1. Collapse Details
    Amiko A3 short review
    Post Thanks / Like
    Received the A3 and it arrived in a two day priority USPS box in very good condition. Unpacked it and everything was intact without any USPS remodeling. But as usual, USPS dumped the package at the front door without ringing the bell.

The receiver is shipped with the usual amenities, RC with battery, hdmi flat cable, external power supply, etc.

Prior to using the RC, when turned on it indicated a charged unit, but I plugged it in to my PC usb port for an additional charge just in case. The RC has a rechargeable battery via any usb port. Proceeded to connect the hdmi port to my tv and the external power source to the A3 receiver and it booted up in NSTC mode. The receiver is pre-programmed
    with the American version software and current sat list.

I inserted an 8gb usb 3.0 stick in the rear usb 2.0 port and it recognized it. Before doing anything else I made a back of the system files to the usb stick.

I wanted to see what the blind scan was like so I added the diseqc settings for Galaxy 19 - 97º Ku. It blind scanned roughly 277 tv and 123 radio channels. I say roughly because it is a two step process and one does not have time to see the final total channel display as it scrolls. It scanned in the Ku sat in 2:30 minutes and finalized the read out of the number of channels found in the second process and ended at 3:23 at the confirm (ok) button.

Well, so far this receiver is an improvement over the Hypercube hybrid, so when I finish testing, I will pass judgement on this receiver. So far the SD video quality seems quite soft, but will see how HD displays once I finish setting it up. Need to play with the Android capabilities next and also finish setting the other sats for scanning.

It definitely is a different operating format vs. your typical sat receiver. It takes a little time getting the hang of it.

Here are some pixs and I'll post more as I test.
    Attached Images Attached Images