Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    breif review of x2 mini premium
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    purchased the x2 mini almost a month ago, but returned it through amazon prime.

here's the pros and cons,

pros- very good blind scan and accurate, not as fast as the orginal x2 but decent. it was able to scan the call letters of the luken channels on 87w cband
    where the other receivers I have did not (x2 vu+duo2).

pretty good tuner sensitivity, close to the x2.

decent remote control.

cons- the deal killer that made me return it, it ran very hot, hot to the point where it kept losing the signal every fifteen minutes. i had to keep rebooting it.

it would not let you change the audio settings for some reason, like left channel or right channel,ac3 or mpeg.

when powering down the device it boots back up by itself. This is with the July 1st firmware.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have there x2 dvbs m1 satellite box have it on all day never gets that hot. Saving up to get there x2 mini premium

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    On sale Fleabay until March 15, now with USA sat list -February 2015 Firmware, As with the iSmart m100 I recommend to keep a small fan on top all the time. All my M100 are working fine since I did it

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mine runs cool I am in central America ,Belize with out air conditioning. Works good
    X2 M1 HD Mini ,X2 Premium II receiver, X2 Premium Mini (new edition), X2 premium III, QBox2 USB receiver, DSR406mn, Dsr922, DsR4200, SV360, 8 foot C-Band dish, 8 foot solid Ku dish and 3 foot Ku Dish, USBJAG NT cable & software

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Bidwell View Post
    Mine runs cool I am in central America ,Belize with out air conditioning. Works good
    Gary
    Does this one has internet-wifi capacity?? Thanks
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlospr43 View Post
    Gary
    Does this one has internet-wifi capacity?? Thanks
    Yes it does Carlos, the menu is extremely similar to the x2 III. Internet connection with wifi.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I purchased the Mini second edition from amazon a couple of weeks ago. I guess the Pro's would be that it has a good blind scan and good video quality. And so far no over heating problem.
    The Con's would be that It's not easy to program.Woking between two menues. The sat setup and the motor menues. When you setup a sat in the setup menu and then switch to the motor menu. It does not stay on the sat your working with. you have to re select that sat. You can not assign vbox position numbers. Must be like 1-2-3-4-5 and so on. Also unable to to program G18/KU using USALS. I get an out of limits error. The long. and lat. are properly setup. The rest of the KU sats program ok.
    The clock does not remember the time and date when shut off. there are two choices for time setup Auto and Manual. When setting up using the auto once you set your time zone the time is off 30 min. with no way to correct. usless for trying to do a Time recording. when set to auto it disconnects from the net when turned off and then takes about 40 sec or so to re-set the time and date. So unless the the set is left on the record funtion can't start .
    The first thing I done when I got the receiver was to was to udate the firmeware to the Feb. version. I tried updateing the firmware using the internet but it just locked up. I also can't find a way to back up the user database. the only option I find is dump all which is a .bin file. The Menu is similar to the Premium lll but not the same. This could be a real nice little receiver.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. Navigation and menu setups are a bit complicated and tedious with the mini. I find its blind scan to be the fastest of all receivers I have tested, with the exception of a 10 count before each polarity is scanned. My main con on this receiver is that its blind scan is so fast that it always misses transponders. For example, a scan of any sat 3 times in a row will have different results all 3 times.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Costactc, I will try a 3 time scan and see what I get. kU and C Band ? What size dishes are you using ?

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Marv View Post
    Costactc, I will try a 3 time scan and see what I get. kU and C Band ? What size dishes are you using ?
    I used the mini on my 10' mesh and 8' solid, both for c band and the latter c band circular.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast