Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Amiko A3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Amiko A3 discussion is there a place for it? please remove and put in right place admin thanks. does anyone in forum own one?i do great stb still testing.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations on your purchase.
    What documentation did your receiver come with?
    Does it have a Fcc compliance sticker on the back?
    Who did you buy it from?
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    have a a3 coming to me this week, see if it could hang with the big boys.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations getoverit and solrachm on your purchases. After reading the editorial and review at Tele-Audiovision magazine regarding the A3 and claims of:

•innovative operating system based on Android
    •very fast blind scan
    •very fast channel switching
    •remote control with break through design

Curiosity got the best of me and I ordered an A3 from Michael Electronics to see if this stb performs as reviewed. What caught my eye was the "very fast blind scan" mentioned in the review.

So far, I am reading about many bug reports which the magazine does not report. Nor do the websites report any blind scan speed tests other than to mention it is slow or ok. There was one instance of 2:47 for 97º ku but no mention of how many tv or radio channels.

Mine should be here by the end of the week and I really want to see how the Android portion works; not really expecting too much from the sat side of the receiver. But we will see.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    How much are these receivers going for?
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    its $249.99 at titanium satellite. michael electronics had it for sale for 219.00 but they are sold out.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope these receivers are not being purchased for 4:2:2 video because the information I have seen say they are not capable of that now, nor will they be capable of it in the future. The chipset does not seem to support the mode of 4:2:2, so this claim of 4:2:2 will probably turn out to be an advertising lie!

Seems to be plenty of iks support for the A3. Funny to see Brian Gohl and some of the others selling pirate receivers that do not even have Fcc stickers on them.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to see some screenshots of this. My android dvb-s2 receiver has similar specs.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    From what I've read, some are aware and others know nothing about the 422 thingy They're HOPING that a software alternative will be developed for it, as being offered by the author of the American version. For me, I am only interested in the Android section to see how it works, especially after using the Hypercube. The DLNA is something I would like to compare to the Raptor and Duo².

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The A3 receivers that are available now are a pre-production or beta run. This explains why there is not many of them available right now.
    A short time ago, receivers like this were given away for free or heavily discounted to a group of people called beta testers. But people like Iceberg and Scott from satguys helped put a stop to that sort of thing by selling their "free" beta receivers. Granted, it was more than just those two, but stupidity such as that coupled with economics put a big damper on the free pre-release receivers. Now you have to pay in order to beta test.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast