USALS -- How to use with X2 ??
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Hi all,

I've been loving my X2 Premium.
    Last night was first time I tried to use it on my Ku dish with USALS motor control...

I couldn't get it to work, don't know why, but it seemed like it was not moving the dish, not sure.

Could someone that has been using USALS verify that it does work ok, and let me know how to use the setup for it?
    I bypassed the list of cities and just entered my coords directly, is that ok?

Thanks,

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've used the x2 with usals in the past without any problems at all. I haven't in a while but I'll have a look and post back.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just tried again, now I can see that the dish is moving, so I think the USALS is okay....BUT, I'm not getting any signal. I've got a Universal LNBF on there, the only thing I can think now is that the 22KHZ tone isn't working.... I have to check and see if I have a standard LNB to try.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    A universal lnbf will do just fine, just make sure you set your sat settings properly. You may need to adjust your coordinates until you get sat signal.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just put the standard 10750 LNBF on, and scanned in 241 TV and 117 Radio on 97w. So it must be the 22KHZ tone not working.

The universal won't work on the upper(10600) side if the 22KHZ doesn't work... that must be it !

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't use the 22khz with my universal lnbf. 10600/9750 works well for me.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Costactc View Post
    I don't use the 22khz with my universal lnbf. 10600/9750 works well for me.
    but the receiver does it for you, that's how it switches between 10600, and 9750. It's 9750 without the 22khz signal, but when 22khz is applied then it uses 10600, the LNBF can't be using both at the same time.

Now I have to try to find out WHY my 22khz doesn't work, this is the first time since I've owned it that I ever tried using it, was always just C-band only before

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your right. 22khz is on auto on my x2.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is not any magic to use the X2 with universal lnb. I normally use universal lnbs and did not have any problems with them on the X2.
    Try using 10600 and manually turn 22KHz ON.
    The receiver could be broken and not allow the 22KHz signal to pass, but that wold be about as rare as winning the million dollar lottery.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    There is not any magic to use the X2 with universal lnb. I normally use universal lnbs and did not have any problems with them on the X2.
    Try using 10600 and manually turn 22KHz ON.
    The receiver could be broken and not allow the 22KHz signal to pass, but that wold be about as rare as winning the million dollar lottery.
    I should have mentioned... that receiver took a hard fall off the table, knocked the front door off and bent the case, so, it may have damaged something in the circuit that supplies the 22khz signal to the LNB connector, I haven't noticed any other problems with it, but I also haven't used all it's functions, It's only used to blind-scan and receive C-Band signals...nothing else! I've got another one coming that I will be using on my Ku dish/motor.
    Thanks... BTW, I started this thread thinking that my USALS setup was the problem, but that was at night, couldn't see the dish moving...next morning saw that dish was moving okay, then it became the 22khz problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast