1. Collapse Details
    How to Transfer Enigma2 Antenna Settings
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    The information in this thread assumes that you know how to use FileZilla to transfer files from and to your receiver. It is also assumed that you know how to telnet into the receiver and enter commands.

Your antenna settings for the satellites can be transferred to almost any enigma2 image on most receivers by carefully using copy and paste techniques, plus a few telnet commands. To transfer antenna settings, you simply copy All of your current antenna settings and then paste them in the new image settings file.

Here is a list of what you will need to transfer antenna settings to different images:
    Network to connect Receiver to Computer
    Putty (for telnet)
    FileZilla (for file transfers)
    First Object XML Editor (To edit or alter the settings file)
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Minimum Files needed to transfer antenna settings:
    Enigma2 settings file (from old image)
    Enigma2 settings file (from new image)
    satellites.xml file located in "etc/tuxbox" (from old image)

To transfer antenna settings, use FileZilla to copy your receiver's current settings file that is located in "/etc/enigma2". Put this settings file in a known location on your computer. This settings file will be referred to as the Old settings file.
    Next, load the new e2 image into the receiver. Start your network after the image finishes loading, then transfer the settings file to your computer in /etc/enigma2 to a known but different location. Rename this settings file to "settings-new".

Next, Open 2 instances of First Object XML editor.
    Open the "old settings" file in one instance, and open the "settings-new" file in the second instance.
    Locate the "config.Nims." lines in the old settings file. Copy all lines that begin with "config.Nims." in the old settings file and paste them directly under the last line in the "settings-new" file.

Use FileZilla, and send the "settings-new" file to the /etc/enigma2 folder in the receiver. Verify that the /etc/enigma2 folder has both the original, unaltered "settings" file, plus the "settings-new" file.

Now,we are ready to work the magic supplied by Persian Prince.
    Open Putty and telnet to the receiver.
    You will need to enter these 3 lines and press the enter key after each line.
    cat /etc/enigma2/settings-new >> /etc/enigma2/settings
    rm -rf /etc/enigma2/settings-new > /dev/null 2>&1
    reboot

All of your old antenna settings will be installed in the receiver. If the old antenna settings are not in the receiver after reboot, carefully check every step that has been given.

I just changed images from OpenPli to OpenVix build#25 and transferred my antenna settings using the information supplied here.
    The old settings and settings-new files that I used are attached for reference or examples. I also included a "settings_unaltered folder that contains the new settings file before any nims information was transferred to it.

Note:
    Antenna settings are dependent on the satellite names that are stored in the satellites.xml file located in "/etc/tuxbox". I strongly suggest that you copy the satellites.xml file from the old image and install it in the new image. Doing this will ensure that your transferred antenna settings will work correctly. EB

Thanks goes tor Persian Prince for supplying the needed telnet commands!
    Attached Files Attached Files