Thread: OpenVIX 25

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    For one of the wow moments, how about adding wifi security camera capabilities for the receiver. Access, control and display on your big screen. Plus recording capabilities for the cameras. I am pretty confident this feature would be welcomed both in Europe and NA.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eastof111 View Post
    "who in all honesty may not be as interested in producing fixes and features for a market that they can not access".

It would seem to me that there IS a market in Europe for receivers that access features similar to what is requested in NA. Dr. HD, Technomate, etc., offers some of the features that we require in NA. The two mentioned are not selling like gang busters in Europe, but at least they've developed a small niche segment of the market to profit and survive.
    Both of those receivers and their firmware are closed source, and as such their features are created by paid coders in the employ of the manufacturers, there are some third party firmware patches but on the whole they are for very minor things like keys. it is not the same thing as Enigma2 where the majority of images and plugins are created by individual or teams of amateur coders in their own time and at their own expense.

For one of the wow moments, how about adding wifi security camera capabilities for the receiver. Access, control and display on your big screen. Plus recording capabilities for the cameras. I am pretty confident this feature would be welcomed both in Europe and NA.
    That is far beyond the capabilities of most if not all amateur image teams and we are talking about amateurs here not paid professionals, there would need to be significant support from the manufacturers of both the STB and the devices in question in the form of drivers etc before such a project could even be considered.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why don't you advertise on your forum for bids for paid professional coders to do a specific coding project. Allow forum members to contribute to the bid process. I sure as heck would.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why don't you advertise on your forum for bids for paid professional coders to do a specific coding project. Allow forum members to contribute to the bid process. I sure as heck would.
    There is pretty much no point in paying coders to do work that would just end up ripped out of the image and plastered into another image the instant it was released, so I cant see that ever happening.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123