Thread: Help with X5

1. Collapse Details
    Help with X5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Well I jumped in IPtv,and purchase a X5 .Input the password and now the box is connected thru WIFI with my router ,atleast the 'chain'symbol is connected .But when I go to 'network' nothing is working /you tube ,google map,weather... etc./Just pop up 'FAIL TO CATCH MESSAGE'..I miss something but Idon't know what ..Any help will be appreciate..Thanks in advance ..

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    what file are you using?? I m using 11/11/2013. IPTV works but only with some channels , Weather is working OK, Google map is workin OK, You Tube stop working like a week ago. You can see the videos but cant play them. (iSmart too)

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's came with :
    Model-(P)WinMax 1T
    S/W version-PH_V0001
    Build date-20 jun 2014

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The problem with those STbs with that firmware is that you cant update to a regular X5 firmware. Probably using the RS232 recovery tool. Usually they came from mydalle and not from Yojia.. Its being discussed a lot on UK Openbox forums. I read you cant save TP/ Channels list to USB. There is a hidden menu feature in MENU/2222. I have copy of the firmware but haven't test it yet. Also, You Tube is no longer working in any Openbox/Skybox/Eyebox X5 and the ismart m100

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Carlos,looks I 'm lost in the conection with internet . Is that the correct procedure-choose WIFI,then inser the password for the internet and you are good to go .?? BTW I did tried with the X2 same thing -never got able to run the weather and you tube . I 'm a newbie in that stuff and need step by step ..

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, once the box is connected either using the Ethernet or Wi-Fi you should be able to run those features. You need to make sure its connected. If you use wi-fi and enter the password or internet key you wait till it says NETWORK CONNECTED. What I usually do is that once its connected I exit all the way out and turn off and later on the box. When it does the boot process wait till it show Network Connected in the screen. Then go and try the features.