Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    That is a fine setup Costa. Just what I am looking for. I would be willing to drive far for a dish like that. I talked to a guy from Plattsburgh the other day and he says there is a Ferry that takes you from Vermont to the NY side.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    In ground if you have an area in the back yard where it won't be very visible to the wife. That's how I was able to keep my wife happy. LOL... Last resort the roof. Or an npr that you can move around for best location.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks East but my back yard isn't that big, the wifey would eventually see it...I'll figure something out but concentrating on slapping an actuator onto my 1.2m Fortec at the moment with Lexmark's home made polar mount.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some pictures of the heavy duty motor, the first being the channel master dish mount:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here are a couple of pics of the setup Lexmark has with his 1.2m Fortec, exactly the same as the one he made for me but with a stab motor arm:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The weather was spot on today so we installed the newly painted Fortec 1.2m dish and its new polar mount and actuator. I haven't tested it out yet but will tomorrow as long as it doesn't rain as the positioner wires are outside for now:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

These are the pictures of Lexmark's home made polar mount, just awesome.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got the actuator wire hooked up outside and somehow squeezed it into my basement, with my sons' help. The hole needed to accommodate 2x5 ribbon cable and now 3 singles so it was real tight. I now need to get it to my living room, the hard part that I will attempt this afternoon to hook it up with the vbox 7 positioner. Hopefully, some time this weekend, I will be able to blind scan Amc 21 at 125w with my vu+solo2 and see if I can help Rodder out.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Took the better part of 3 hours yesterday, swollen arms and cuts on both hands to finally realise that the hole leading to the living room is to small to accomodate all the wires. My carpentry skills, or lack of, will come into place as drywall will be removed and drilling to be done to increase the size of the hole. I will get that done with the minimal amount of curse words as possible, I hope.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Finally.....Passing this frickin wire cost me the better part of 5 hours but patience does eventually prevail, time to start scanning my ku arc with my new actuator-the brown wire was the bugger in question:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    All ku sats scanned in from 15-103w and will continue later on and scan 125w with my vu+solo2 to see the results of a blind scan.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast