Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Channel Master 1.2m
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I took the wifey out for a drink yesterday and we decided on the terrace at East Side Mario's Italian Resto/Bar. I parked near the rear of the restaurant and we walked by the back to get to the front. I noticed that they had 2 satellite dishes, one was a Bell dish and an older looking Channel Master 1.2m with a nose cone. The dish is in rough shape and could use some tlc and it also looks like it hasn't been used in a while. I was thinking of asking the restaurant owner if they are still using it and, if not, to offer to remove it or buy it. I have full intentions of returning and inquiring.

My only concern is its weight, it looks heavy. I have googled the specs but can't seem to find its weight. I'm just curious if my stab 1.2 would be powerful enough to move that dish. If anybody has any idea or ideas I would really like to hear them. Here is a picture of the dish that I googled, I haven't formally taken pics of the actual dish.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have one of those, not bad on weight, i say go for it, nice solid KU dish, the owner lives across the road from me ,
    Amiko mini HD se
    Openbox S9
    Fortec Star 39' motorized dish
    OTA for local

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is so many dead dish in town, across from east side at Nissan, that dish on the pole is not in service anymore, Best western has a few, if there still on the roof, not sure about Brookshell/seway gm, not sure if tje fifth wheel had any, if i did not live downtown and had the room i would if grabbed everyone i have seen,
    Amiko mini HD se
    Openbox S9
    Fortec Star 39' motorized dish
    OTA for local

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Take it and throw in the garbage the 1.2Fortec

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sadass View Post
    I have one of those, not bad on weight, i say go for it, nice solid KU dish, the owner lives across the road from me ,
    My wife says her name is Wiley but I'm not sure. I will enquire.

Quote Originally Posted by sadass View Post
    There is so many dead dish in town, across from east side at Nissan, that dish on the pole is not in service anymore, Best western has a few, if there still on the roof, not sure about Brookshell/seway gm, not sure if tje fifth wheel had any, if i did not live downtown and had the room i would if grabbed everyone i have seen,
    I know and that doesn't include about another 50 c band dishes that are out of service as well. I totally agree with you Chifut, hopefully I can slap this one on as I have been looking into replacing it. I will pass by later and take some pics.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I passed by and took some pics. The only thing concerning me is that there is no rear mount whatsoever, I'm sure that could be addressed:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Missing the rear mount is not a big deal ,anyway the original mount is heavy and you need to modifyied it to lower the weight .I did take out the whole mount from my Muzac 39/43 inch which is very similar with that on on your picture ,and install a mount from old 31 inch stamped dish . The weight now is 25 pound and is no problem for my SG 2100 to rotate from one end to the another end of the arc.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I finally found an Andrews/Channel Master 1.2m dish with a wild looking feed that I have never seen before. The seller frequents my parts often so he will be delivering it to my house. This dish will be modified as my good neighbour Lexmark is working on a polar mount, slapping an 18" actuator on it.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice looking dish, I've never seen one of those available in my neck of the woods.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got my Andrews/Channel Master 1.2m dish last night. $80 for a brand new in the box dish and components. The seller told me has others if anybody else is interested:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast