Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Geosat Install
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I have decided that my ku side feed on my 8' dish is insufficient for the more sensitive tp on the arc so I will be installing my geosat 90cm(36") under my 10' bud for ku with my basement setup. The sg6100 motor which was underpowered for my 4' dish will be my dish motor for this install. I need to attach a special bracket and support for this install so as to seperate it from touching the pole and I will need to be moving my 2 big dishes to their extremes when using this setup so as not to block the site of this dish. I will be adding many pictures and my good friend Lexmark will be helping me out with this endeavour.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think if you replace the Fortec with commercial fiberglass same sized dish ,you will be surprised with the results .. JMO

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some pictures, just getting ready for tomorrow morning:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you font mind ill try to stop in tomorrow,

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sadass View Post
    If you font mind ill try to stop in tomorrow,
    Don't mind at all but you need to be early as we are starting at about 10 am and we will probably be finished by noon....Lex and I make a great team.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Minimal success. It only took 1/2 hr to mount the bracket and the dish and about an 1 1/2 hr to realise that the sg6100 motor is a pos. My south sat Amc 6 at 72w was not attainable as the neighbours house seems to be in the way. We did manage to scan in 87, 91,95 and 97w. When I have some extra time I will be working on scanning in more sats:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've decided to save my sats using disecq 1.2 instead of usals as using this underpowered dish requires me to do so manually. I'm calling it a day and I have 91,93,95,97 and 99 all saved.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck costa.. I like the bracket..that sure beats digging another pole.. I wonder if you mounted it further back and raised it on the fence post you might be able to get 72w.

click click b00m

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Those DTV and Dish mounting poles come in handy. Hope you don't forget to not move your BUD over too far and squash your smaller dish. It almost happened to me once, but I caught it just in time, even though I had set the limit setting.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eastof111 View Post
    Those DTV and Dish mounting poles come in handy. Hope you don't forget to not move your BUD over too far and squash your smaller dish. It almost happened to me once, but I caught it just in time, even though I had set the limit setting.
    I have good room for clearance. Lex and I were scratching our heads for about 2 hours. I have a funny feeling that the dish is warped and might swap it out for an fta tech 90cm that I have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast