1. Collapse Details
    Power supply problems
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    My open box X5 started getting hot and an inspection of power supply found ballooned capacitors so replaced them with a higher voltage. Changed the LNBF cap on the far right of circuit board as it blew up. I really like the X5 as it has multimedia internet function. works really good on HD satellite feeds.

I have learned to change power supply caps in mass even it they do not look bad. I have a Sonicview 8000hd receiver and changed all caps and the receiver runs like a new unit.
    Get a temp rating of 35c and I use 35 volt.
    Ebay sellers sell packs of caps at a low price.

2. Thanks rrob311 thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Bill, mine blew up on me the other day and I can't find a source for a complete power supply. I hadn't ran the receiver in weeks and it popped and burnt when I flipped the power switch.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey rrob
    Were you able to find a source for your X5 power supply. One of mines is starting to act funny and I think is the power supply as well. Sometimes it goes to no signal , sometimes drops the quality to zero for a while and come backs later. All other of my boxes works perfect in the same coax. I was looking in fleabay and came up with this replacement. Take a look and see if this may help us,

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    No I haven't found one. Mine was shutoff for a couple weeks and when I turned the rocker switch on it exploded. No mas

That one may work but I don't have access to the receiver right now. I will look closer at it when I get home.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

6. Thanks cpr43 thanked for this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I opened my X5 and tooked apart my power supply
    My X5 is acting weird when switching from H to V. I kept a power supply from a S10 I replaced sometime ago so I looked at the output voltages. I noticed they matched but in a different wire connector order. I guess its a matter of getting a S10 PW from fleabay for $7 to $8 , and redo the wires and connector accordingly

8. Thanks rrob311 thanked for this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    i did see some universal power supplies on aliexpress. Maybe one will work. They mostly have good pictures of the board.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here are the values for each one and the $7 fleabay supplier. I have 3 Openbox x5 and only one is acting funny.

Last edited by cpr43; 03-12-2016 at 08:26 AM.

11. Thanks rrob311 thanked for this post