Hybrid View

1. Collapse Details
    Power supply problems
    Post Thanks / Like
    My open box X5 started getting hot and an inspection of power supply found ballooned capacitors so replaced them with a higher voltage. Changed the LNBF cap on the far right of circuit board as it blew up. I really like the X5 as it has multimedia internet function. works really good on HD satellite feeds.

I have learned to change power supply caps in mass even it they do not look bad. I have a Sonicview 8000hd receiver and changed all caps and the receiver runs like a new unit.
    Get a temp rating of 35c and I use 35 volt.
    Ebay sellers sell packs of caps at a low price.

2. Thanks rrob311 thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Bill, mine blew up on me the other day and I can't find a source for a complete power supply. I hadn't ran the receiver in weeks and it popped and burnt when I flipped the power switch.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey rrob
    Were you able to find a source for your X5 power supply. One of mines is starting to act funny and I think is the power supply as well. Sometimes it goes to no signal , sometimes drops the quality to zero for a while and come backs later. All other of my boxes works perfect in the same coax. I was looking in fleabay and came up with this replacement. Take a look and see if this may help us,

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    No I haven't found one. Mine was shutoff for a couple weeks and when I turned the rocker switch on it exploded. No mas

That one may work but I don't have access to the receiver right now. I will look closer at it when I get home.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

6. Thanks cpr43 thanked for this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I opened my X5 and tooked apart my power supply
    My X5 is acting weird when switching from H to V. I kept a power supply from a S10 I replaced sometime ago so I looked at the output voltages. I noticed they matched but in a different wire connector order. I guess its a matter of getting a S10 PW from fleabay for $7 to $8 , and redo the wires and connector accordingly

8. Thanks rrob311 thanked for this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    i did see some universal power supplies on aliexpress. Maybe one will work. They mostly have good pictures of the board.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here are the values for each one and the $7 fleabay supplier. I have 3 Openbox x5 and only one is acting funny.

Last edited by cpr43; 03-12-2016 at 08:26 AM.

11. Thanks rrob311 thanked for this post