Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Quote Originally Posted by Costactc View Post
    Finally found the time and a clear day to test the 3 out and make a final decision. The black inverto ultra beats both the invacom and amiko on every satellite except Galaxy 17 where its db level is 2.0 less then the other 2. The inverto was better on all other sats and will become my permanent ku feed:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Nice! I just ordered today..since my invacom is pretty heavy for my cheap dish..lol

I'll let you know how it works for me..

click click b00m

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ViP3R View Post
    Nice! I just ordered today..since my invacom is pretty heavy for my cheap dish..lol

I'll let you know how it works for me..
    You won't regret it my friend, it's a solid feed and giving me excellent results across the arc. I'd invest in another for my side feed on the 8' solid but I have too many.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Costactc View Post
    You won't regret it my friend, it's a solid feed and giving me excellent results across the arc. I'd invest in another for my side feed on the 8' solid but I have too many.
    Should be about a week and half I would guess to get here..35 cnd with shipping..if it's very good I may have a contact to get them cheaper and possibly pop some in the store.

click click b00m

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am in the market for a few as I damaged my main one mowing the lawn. I still haven't bought a new one and I have a 5+ bracket for my dish that I have not setup yet. I am definitely willing to try one of these out.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ViP3R View Post
    Should be about a week and half I would guess to get here..35 cnd with shipping..if it's very good I may have a contact to get them cheaper and possibly pop some in the store.
    It took almost 2 weeks to get here as well. These lnbs would be an excellent addition to the store if you could buy in bulk because shipping basically doubles the price. I also noticed that most avid dxers in Europe are using them.

Quote Originally Posted by rrob311 View Post
    I am in the market for a few as I damaged my main one mowing the lawn. I still haven't bought a new one and I have a 5+ bracket for my dish that I have not setup yet. I am definitely willing to try one of these out.
    Can't go wrong Rob.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMO, probably all of the lnbs mentioned in this thread are good or decent lnbs. The prime focus lnbs should be used for that style of dish.

What works good or the best for one dish may not perform as well on another brand or type of dish. These ku lnbs have a set, non-adjustable feedhorn so you cannot adjust the focal distance like you can on most c band lnbs. This adjustment is not as critical at ku band frequencies, but it would help to have this adjustment for fine tuning ku lnbs.
    Sliding a long neck lnb up and down in the lnb feed holder Does Not adjust the focal distance on a lnb with a fixed scalar ring.
    On a 1.2 meter dish, a larger diameter feedhorn seems to work a bit better than any of the small feedhorn lnbs mentioned in this thread. I am running a 1.2 meter offset for ku and I think all of the lnbs mentioned here were not really designed for that size of dish. I suspect they were designed for the 65 to 80cm dishes, and that is why they have a smaller feedhorn.

The difference between my best small feedhorn lnbs and the larger feedhorn lnb is a db or two in SNR. All that signal increase gives me is some weaker transponders in clear weather.

The SNR difference between my 1.2 and 1.8 meter dishes with the best lnbs I have for them installed is 1 to 3 db, depending on where and what the signal is. Overall, the 1.8 meter dish performs a slight bit better than the 1.2 meter dish, and this is to be expected.
    The 1.8 meter dish stops receiving ku signals at almost identical time to the 1.2 meter dish in heavy rain,and the 1.8 meter dish only gets a couple of transponders that the 1.2 meter cannot get. This is why I do not get too excited when I see tests of one lnb outperforming another lnb by 1 or 2 db in SNR. Granted, it is always best to know which lnb performs the best on a given dish, but a gain of 1 or 2 db in SNR will go unnoticed on most signals that are up there. For Dxing, and scanning, it helps to have every bit of extra signal strength that you can get! But for watching tv on a strong or moderately weak transponders, a gain of 1 or 2 db in SNR will go mostly unnoticed. EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    IMO, probably all of the lnbs mentioned in this thread are good or decent lnbs. The prime focus lnbs should be used for that style of dish.

What works good or the best for one dish may not perform as well on another brand or type of dish. These ku lnbs have a set, non-adjustable feedhorn so you cannot adjust the focal distance like you can on most c band lnbs. This adjustment is not as critical at ku band frequencies, but it would help to have this adjustment for fine tuning ku lnbs.
    Sliding a long neck lnb up and down in the lnb feed holder Does Not adjust the focal distance on a lnb with a fixed scalar ring.
    On a 1.2 meter dish, a larger diameter feedhorn seems to work a bit better than any of the small feedhorn lnbs mentioned in this thread. I am running a 1.2 meter offset for ku and I think all of the lnbs mentioned here were not really designed for that size of dish. I suspect they were designed for the 65 to 80cm dishes, and that is why they have a smaller feedhorn.

The difference between my best small feedhorn lnbs and the larger feedhorn lnb is a db or two in SNR. All that signal increase gives me is some weaker transponders in clear weather.

The SNR difference between my 1.2 and 1.8 meter dishes with the best lnbs I have for them installed is 1 to 3 db, depending on where and what the signal is. Overall, the 1.8 meter dish performs a slight bit better than the 1.2 meter dish, and this is to be expected.
    The 1.8 meter dish stops receiving ku signals at almost identical time to the 1.2 meter dish in heavy rain,and the 1.8 meter dish only gets a couple of transponders that the 1.2 meter cannot get. This is why I do not get too excited when I see tests of one lnb outperforming another lnb by 1 or 2 db in SNR. Granted, it is always best to know which lnb performs the best on a given dish, but a gain of 1 or 2 db in SNR will go unnoticed on most signals that are up there. For Dxing, and scanning, it helps to have every bit of extra signal strength that you can get! But for watching tv on a strong or moderately weak transponders, a gain of 1 or 2 db in SNR will go mostly unnoticed. EB

What would you suggest or recommend EB for a 1.2m dish?
    Last edited by Costactc; 07-17-2014 at 01:58 PM.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would suggest trying a Raven Feedhorn to get the maximum out of a 1.2 meter dish. You should already have a lnb that will work with it

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    I would suggest trying a Raven Feedhorn to get the maximum out of a 1.2 meter dish. You should already have a lnb that will work with it

Aren't those feedhorns normally used for prime focus dishes rather then offset?

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had a look at the UK sat store for offset feedhorns. Ouch...60 pounds plus shipping. I have the invacom twf-031 flange which would work with that type of feedhorn. What do you think of the Gibertini feedhorn, which is a bit less costly:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast